- LIVINGSTON PARISH BASSMASTERS HIGH SCHOOL STATE CHAMPIONS FUNDRAISER: 3:30 p.m. weigh-in, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville.
- LOUISIANA OYSTER TASK FORCE MEETING: 1 p.m., Suite 210, UNO Advanced Technology Center, 2021 Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans. Webinar access: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8411920719636324610.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5-8 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal. Wednesdays through Aug. 13th. Membership fee $15/angler. Weekly fee $40/boat. Call Todd Rabalais (225) 413-3634. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- B.A.S.S. FEDERATION CENTRAL DIVISIONAL TOURNAMENT: Lake Eufaula, McAlester, Okla. 8 state teams fish to determine top angler from each team to advance to Federation Nationals. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Louisiana Room, state Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge.
- 2014 DEER SCORING EVENT: 6 p.m., Avoyelles Parish Council On Aging, 224 South Preston St., Marksville. Official Boone & Crocket/Pope & Young certified scorers for whitetail bucks. State biologists information on deer & deer hunting. Includes dinner. Call Tammy Lemoine (318) 359-3003.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway public landing, False River, New Roads. Fee $30/boat. Friday nights through Sept. 15. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- FAMILY FISH FEST: Registration 5:30-10 a.m., fishing 6-11 a.m. & other activities including lunch, Myrtle Grove Marina, Myrtle Grove. Fee $10. Little Angler/10-under, Junior Angler/11-16 & Team/adult & youth divisions for boat and shore anglers. Must bring own tackle & transport bags. Live redfish and trout tagged & released. First 50 to register receive rod and reel. First 100 receive “goodie” bag. Preregistration website: www.wlf.la.gov/familyfishfest. Call Danica Williams (504) 628-7282. Email: email@example.com.
PALO ALTO MID-RANGE MATCHES: PALO ALTO RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB, DONALDSONVILLE. 600-YARD, F-CLASS/PRONE MATCH. CALL RICHARD BORDELON (225) 753-7675. EMAIL: BORDELONRP@COX.NET.
ORVIS FLY FISHING 201: 10 A.M.-NOON, ORVIS SHOP, PERKINS ROWE, BATON ROUGE. ON-THE-WATER FLY CASTING, TACTICS, TECHNIQUES INSTRUCTION. ALSO JUNE 7. CALL ORVIS SHOP (225) 757-7286.
- LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No basic nor saltwater fishing licenses required for recreational anglers in state waters.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 9 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Room, Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 892-4352. Website: www.rsff.org.
- JUNE 14 — WALKER HIGH POWERLIFTING BIG BASS BASH: 6:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner event. Closed to waters east of the Atchafalaya River and south of U.S. 90. Fee $100. Call John Chaney (225) 413-5142 or James Roberts (225) 975-1923.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 1. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee/CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 14 — SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tureaud Hall, LSU, Baton Rouge. J.B. Salter-taught class. Fee $42/LSU Union members, $53/nonmembers. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5118.
- JUNE 1-9 — FEDERAL RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: 12:01 a.m. June 1 through 12:01 a.m. July 11. Federal waters, Gulf of Mexico. Limit 2 per day, 16-inch minimum size.
- SPRING INSHORE SHRIMP SEASON: 6 a.m. Monday, June 2, opening day, state inside waters from La./Miss. state line west to South Pass (Miss. River) & waters from Freshwater Bayou Canal west to La./Texas state line. Waters already open in inside waters from South Pass west to Freshwater Bayou Canal, and state “outside” waters (out to three miles) from the Atchafalaya River Ship Channel at Eugene Island west to Freshwater Bayou Canal.
- STATE RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: Year-round in state waters. Daily limit 2 red snapper measuring 16 or more inches long. Anglers required to have fee-free Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit. Website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov.
RECREATIONAL FISHERIES cLOSURES: Gag grouper through June 30; greater amberjack, June 1-July 31;gray triggerfish, through 2014 in state and federal waters.