- 76TH ANNUAL S.W. LOUISIANA FISHING CLUB RODEO: Final day, weigh-in at clubhouse, I-210 Park, Lake Charles.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5-8 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal. Wednesdays through Aug. 13. Membership fee $15/angler. Weekly fee $40/boat. Call Todd Rabalais (225) 413-3634. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway public landing, False River, New Roads. Fee $30/boat. Friday nights through Sept. 15. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- FAMILY FISH FEST: 6 a.m.-noon, Elmer’s Island. Fee $10. Fishing & other activities including lunch. Little Angler/10-under, Junior Angler/11-16 & Team/adult & youth anglers. Must bring own tackle & transport bags. Live redfish and trout tagged & released. First 50 to register receive rod and reel. First 100 receive “goodie” bag. Fish ID, cast netting, knot tying, casting instruction, scavenger hunt & raffles. Preregistration website: www.wlf.la.gov/familyfishfest. Call Danica Williams (504) 628-7282. Email: email@example.com.
PALO ALTO CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: HEAD-TO-HEAD COMPETITION, 3 STRINGS AT 600-YARD LINE. FIELD PRECISION RIFLE, FTR AND F-OPEN CATEGORIES. WEBSITE: WWW.PALOALTOGUNCLUB.COM.
LOUISIANA WATERFOWL ALLIANCE GENERAL MEETING: 3 P.M., BLACK BAYOU NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE, 420 RICHMOND PLACE, MONROE. NO FEE FOR MEETING. $20 LWA MEMBERSHIP ($10 SENIORS, NO FEE FOR JUNIORS). CALL JOHN SERINGY (985) 693-4142 OR DOUG LYLES (318) 387-1114.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 14 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Room, Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 892-4352. Website: www.rsff.org.
JULY 17-19 — DUCKS UNLIMITED STATE CONVENTION: RENAISSANCE HOTEL, BATON ROUGE. 6 P.M. JULY 17; 4 P.M. JULY 18, PAST STATE CHAIRMAN’S MEETING; 6:30 P.M. JULY 18, ROADKILL COOKOFF; 9:30 A.M. JULY 19, GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING; 5:30 P.M. JULY 19, BANQUET. CALL STEPHEN BABCOCK (225) 344-0911 OR MICHAEL PATTERSON (225) 572-4070.
JULY 19 — 4TH ANNUAL CASTING FOR KIDS RODEO: BOBBY LYNN’S MARINA, LEEVILLE. FEES $40 ADULTS, $20 CHILDREN. BOATER & KAYAK DIVISIONS. BENEFITS PALLIATIVE CARE FOUNDATION OF BATON ROUGE. CALL JANET RHODUS (225) 413-4414. WEBSITE: WWW.PALLIATIVECAREBR.ORG.
- JULY 18-19 — EASL 10TH ANNUAL TERRY MELANCON SALTWATER CHALLENGE: Midnight July 18-3 p.m. weigh-in deadline July 19, Cajun Holiday Inn, Grand Isle. Fee $10/angler includes suppers with optional $10 Cajun Slam category. Must be East Ascension Sportsman League member ($15 annual dues). Fishing starts at midnight Friday. Call Keith Saucier (225) 715-9487.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 1. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee/CCA membership required. For more information, all CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- STATE RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: Open in state waters. Daily limit 2 red snapper measuring 16 or more inches long. Anglers are required to have fee-free Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit. Website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov.
- FEDERAL RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON: Closed in federal waters throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- SPRING INSHORE SHRIMP SEASON: Closed July 3 in waters from Atchafalaya River Ship Channel at Eugene Island west to the western shore of Freshwater Bayou Canal. All other inshore waters open until further state notice.
RECREATIONAL FISHERIES SEASON: Gag grouper season reopened July 1 in state and federal waters.
RECREATIONAL FISHERIES cLOSURES: Greater amberjack, through July 31; gray triggerfish, through 2014 in state and federal waters.