AUGUSTA, GA. – The third round of the 79th Masters tournament is under way under cloudy and occasionally drippy skies at Augusta National Golf Club.
The weather was expected to improve through the day. The question is anyone going to improve their scores enough to catch 36-hole leader Jordan Spieth?
The 21-year-old Texan is at 14-under par 130, the lowest 36-hole score in Masters history and tied for the lowest 36-hole score in a major. He holds a five-stroke lead over Charley Hoffman, just the fourth man ever at the Masters to lead by that many at the halfway point.
The other three – Herman Keiser (1946), Jack Nicklaus (1975) and Raymond Floyd (1976) – all went on to win.
Here are some of Saturday’s big parings:
• 11:25 a.m. CDT: Seung-Yul Noh (2014 Zurich Classic champion), Geoff Ogilvy
• 11:45 a.m.: Bubba Watson (2014 Masters winner), Rory McIlroy (world No. 1)
• 11:55 a.m.: Patrick Reed (former U-High golfer), Jonas Blixt
• 12:15 p.m.: Tiger Woods (4-time Masters winner), Sergio Garcia
• 1:35 p.m.: Phil Mickelson (3-time Masters winner), Paul Casey
• 1:45 p.m.: Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson
• 1:55 p.m.: Jordan Spieth, Charley Hoffman