HOMER — Claiborne Parish authorities said two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning while in a pop-up camper.

Sheriff Ken Bailey said Paul Pitts, 50, and Linda Scott, 47, were pronounced dead Sunday. Authorities said they fell asleep and never woke up.

Bailey said the victims were found in a pop-up camper that was inside a metal building near the Summerfield community northeast of Homer.

He said a generator was being used to power an electric heater.

The generator was inside the building.