New England Super Seven Dip
Makes 16 servings. Recipe is from Alison Ladner, Associated Press.
21 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 cup thawed corn kernels, well drained
3 thinly sliced scallions
Splash of hot sauce
1 (15-ounce) can baked beans, partially drained
11/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
2?3 cup crumbled crisp-cooked bacon
21. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the pork tenderloin with the broth. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until very tender, about 45 minutes. Discard the broth. Using 2 forks, shred the meat, then transfer to a medium bowl. Add the barbecue sauce and toss until coated.
2. While the pork cooks, prepare the other ingredients. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the sour cream, then set aside.
3. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the apples and cook until just tender. In a small bowl, stir together the corn kernels, scallions and hot sauce.
4. To assemble the dip, spread the corn mixture over the bottom of a large, shallow baking dish. Top with the pork, then with the apples. Spread the whipped cream cheese evenly over the apples, spreading to the edge.
5. Spoon the baked beans over the cream cheese, then top with the cheddar and bacon. If making ahead, wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, heat the oven to 350 F. Bake for 20 minutes, or until warmed through.