Jerry Lee Lewis, the 78-year-old rock ’n’ roll pioneer from Ferriday, will release a new album, ‘Rock & Roll Time,’ Oct. 28.
The album’s guest stars include New Orleans keyboard player Ivan Neville, Rolling Stones members Keith Richards and Ron Wood, Robbie Robertson, Neil Young, Shelby Lynne, Nils Lofgren, Derek Trucks, Doyle Bramhall II and producer and former New Orleans recording studio owner Daniel Lanois.
“Rock and Roll Time” features Lewis’ interpretations of rock ’n’ roll, rhythm-and-blues and blues classics. Songs include “Sick and Tired,” composed by the late New Orleans’ singer-songwriter Chris Kenner and recorded by Kenner and Fats Domino; Chuck Berry’s “Little Queenie” and “Promised Land”; Bob Dylan’s “Stepchild”; Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues”; and Jimmy Reed’s “Bright Lights, Big City.”
Peter Guralnick, author the Elvis Presley biographies, “Last Train to Memphis” and “Careless Love,” wrote the ‘Rock & Roll Time’ liner notes.
Also on Oct. 28th, Lewis will release “Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story,” an autobiography written with Rick Bragg.
Full ‘Rock & Roll Time’ tracklisting
1. ROCK & ROLL TIME (with Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion)
2. LITTLE QUEENIE (with Keith Richards and Ron Wood)
3. STEPCHILD (with Daniel Lanois and Doyle Bramhall II)
4. SICK AND TIRED (with Jon Brion)
5. BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY (with Neil Young and Ivan Neville)
6. FOLSOM PRISON BLUES (with Robbie Robertson and Nils Lofgren)
7. KEEP ME IN MIND (with Jon Brion)
8. MISSISSIPPI KID (with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II)
9. BLUES LIKE MIDNIGHT (with Robbie Robertson)
10. HERE COMES THAT RAINBOW AGAIN (with Shelby Lynne)
11. PROMISED LAND (with Doyle Bramhall II)