HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Newtown school massacre has withdrawn the claim.

Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but said he might refile. He said he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.

Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered “emotional and psychological trauma and injury” during the shooting rampage that killed 20 children and six adults. He said state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.

The state attorney general said Monday that there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state’s liability.