NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A federal judge has granted a temporary restraining order that allows a group of protesters and homeless people to return to the site where they had been camped since early October.

U.S. District Judge Jay Zainey issued an order Tuesday that allows the group, Occupy NOLA, to return to Duncan Plaza for at least seven days.

About 150 officers marched into the encampment across from City Hall before dawn Tuesday, forcing an estimated 150 occupants out and removing tents in a peaceful eviction that sometimes drew loud complaints but did not result in violence.

Bill Quigley, a lawyer for people at the campsite, said the move was a surprise and that city officials had said they would not evict the occupants until after Tuesday’s court hearing.