The GOP was on the rise in Louisiana when Roger Villere was elected to chair the state Republican Party in 2004. Read more
- Stalled: Medicaid bills, seen as Louisiana GOP priorities of special session, falter in committee
- Why Louisiana lawmakers are struggling with critical tax proposal in stalled special session
- Gov. John Bel Edwards: 'I am asking you not to think only as Democrats or Republicans, but as Louisianans'
- As special session begins Monday, Speaker Taylor Barras faces challenge to unite fractious House GOP caucus
- Stephanie Grace: House Republicans said they wanted to lead; now's their chance