THURSDAY, DEC. 25
- CHRISTMAS MASS: midnight, 9 a.m., 11 a.m.; St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, New Orleans. (504) 525-9585. stlouiscathedral.org.
- HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS $12 ADOPTIONS: Though Dec. 31, Louisiana SPCA, 1700 Mardi Gras Blvd., New Orleans. Adult dogs, cats and kittens. Also, Special Delivery program for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Hanukkah or Kwanza $75. (504) 368-5191. la-spca.org.
- BENNY GRUNCH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS BASH AND GENO DELAFOSE ZYDECO CHRISTMAS PARTY: 5 p.m. and 8:45 p.m., Rock ‘N’ Bowl, 3000 S. Carrollton Ave., New Orleans. Benny Grunch’s only-in-New Orleans holiday event, followed by Delafose. $1.25/Grunch; $12 Delafose. (504) 861-1700. rocknbowl.com.
- HOLIDAY IN THE PARK: 5:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Sunday through Thursday to 11:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday, through Jan. 1; Lafreniere Park, West Napoleon Ave. entrance, Metairie. Displays, music. (504) 838-4389. lafrenierepark.org.
- MIRACLE ON FULTON STREET: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. through Friday; Fulton Street at Poydras Street. Winter wonderland with faux snow and more. miracleonfulton.com.
- CELEBRATION IN THE OAKS: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 6-10 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays through Jan. 3; New Orleans Botanical Garden, City Park, New Orleans. The annual spectacle spelled out in million lights for the holiday season. Parking is available at Tad Gormley Stadium. $8. (504) 483-9415. celebrationintheoaks.com.
FRIDAY, DEC. 26
- CAROLING WITH LOUISIANA HISTORY ALIVE: noon, French Market Farmers Market Stage, Gov. Nicholls Street and French Market Place, New Orleans. Sing along to period and contemporary holiday songs with famous characters from New Orleans’ history. (504) 522-2621. frenchmarket.org
- WESTWEGO FARMERS AND FISHERIES MARKET: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Westwego Farmers and Fisheries Market, 484 Sala Ave., Westwego. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (504) 341-9803.
- FRIDAY NIGHT AT NOMA: 5 p.m., New Orleans Museum of Art, City Park, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans. Art on the Spot, music by Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue. (504) 658-4100. noma.org.
- STARLIGHT RACING: 5 p.m., Fair Grounds Race Course, 1751 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans. Evening racing under the lights. $5. (504) 944-5515. fairgroundsracecourse.com
SATURDAY, DEC. 27
- CAMELIA CITY FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Griffith Park, 333 Erlanger St., Slidell. (985) 640-7112. camelliacitymarket.org.
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, 700 Magazine St., New Orleans. crescentcityfarmersmarket.org.
- COVINGTON FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Covington Police Station, 609 N. Columbia St., Covington. (985) 892-1873. covingtonfarmersmarket.org
- GERMAN COAST FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Ormond Plantation, 13786 River Road, Destrehan. (985) 764-9762.
- KENNER RIVERTOWN FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Heritage Park, 303 Williams Blvd., Kenner. (504) 468-7211.
- GRETNA FARMERS MARKET: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 300 Huey P. Long Ave., Gretna. gretnafarmersmarket.com.
- OLD ALGIERS HARVEST FRESH MARKET: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 922 Teche St., Algiers. oldalgiersharvestfreshmarket.com.
- CREOLE CHRISTMAS HISTORIC HOME TOUR: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., also Sunday; 1850 House Museum Store, 523 St. Ann St., New Orleans. Visit five different public and private homes with holiday décor. $25. (504) 523-3939 in advance; (504) 524-9118 days of tour. friendsofthecabildo.org.
- FRIENDS OF THE NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK SALE: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Latter Library, 5120 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Also, Wednesday. friendsnola.com.
- VICTORY CORPS SATURDAY: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. War history through a hands-on program. (504) 528-1944. nationalww2museum.org.
- NEIGHBORHOOD PET ADOPTION AND BAKE SALE: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Clearview Mall, 4436 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. LA/SPCA counselors and pets on hand. (504) 368-5191. la-spca.org.
- SWAP MEET NOLA: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., St. Margaret’s Church, 3525 Bienville St., New Orleans. An all-in-one farmers market, bakers market, arts and crafts market and flea market. (504) 813-5370. swampmeetnola.com.
SUNDAY, DEC. 28
- KIRK FRANKLIN PRESENTS GOSPEL BRUCH: 10 a.m., House of Blues, 225 Decatur St., New Orleans. Weekly presentation of local talent. (504) 310-4999. houseofblues.com/neworleans.
- NOLA CHESS CLUB: noon, Latter Library, 5120 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Free and open to the public. nolachessclub.yolasite.com.
- TRINITY ARTIST SERIES: 5 p.m., Trinity Episcopal Church, 1329 Jackson Ave., New Orleans. New Orleans Trombone Choir directed by John Risey. Christmas and Jazz favorites. (504) 522-0276. trinityartistseries.com.
MONDAY, DEC. 29
- ANIMAL CELEBRATION WINTER CAMP: Also Tuesday; LA/SPCA, 1700 Mardi Gras Blvd., New Orleans. Open to children ages 7-12, one- or two-day camp designed to teach kids about SPCA and general animal topics. $65 per day or $110 for both. Preregistration required. (504) 368-5191 x 207. la-spca.org.
- TOMMY MOORE MEMORIAL JUNIOR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP: also Tuesday; English Turn Country Club, Clubhouse Drive, New Orleans. Kelly Gibson Foundation tournament for boys and girls ages 13-18. thekellygibsonfoundation.org.
- “NEW ORLEANS MEMORIES — ONE WRITER’S CITY”: 7 p.m., Milton H. Latter Library, 5120 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Carolyn Kolb discusses her book about the Crescent City. (504) 596-2625.
- TAI CHI CLASS: 6 p.m., NOMA Sculpture Garden, City Park, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans. East Jefferson Wellness Center classes outside or in the museum. $5. (504) 456-5000. noma.org.
TUESDAY, DEC. 30
- CRESCENT CITY FARMERS MARKET UPTOWN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 200 Broadway St., New Orleans. crescentcityfarmersmarket.org.
- HOLLYGROVE MARKET AND FARM: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 8301 Olive St., New Orleans. (504) 483-7037. hollygrovemarket.com.
- SANKOFA MOBILE MARKET: 11 a.m. to noon, Lower Ninth Ward Senior Center, 5234 Claiborne Ave., New Orleans. (504) 872-9214. sankofanola.org.
- ALLSTATE FAN FEST: noon to 8 p.m., also Wednesday; Jax Brewery parking lot, 418 N. Peters St., New Orleans. Pre-Sugar Bowl events, interactive activities, including pep rallies and concerts at 6 p.m. each night. allstatesugarbowl.org.
- ORGAN AND LABYRINTH: 6 p.m., Trinity Episcopal Church, 1320 Jackson Ave., New Orleans. (504) 522-0276. albinas.org.
- “STANDING IN THE SHADOWS (NO MORE)” QUILTING WORKSHOP: 6 p.m., Ashe Cultural Center, 1712 Oretha C. Haley Blvd., New Orleans. Exhibited in March and April. (504) 569-9070.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 31
- NEW YEAR’S EVE KID’S COUNTDOWN: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Louisiana Children’s Museum, 420 Julia St., New Orleans. Celebrate the countdown to noon’s confetti and balloon drop, plus activities, music and Sesame Street’s The Count. $10. (504) 523-1357. lcm.org.
- COVINGTON FARMERS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Covington Trailhead at East Lockwood and North New Hampshire streets, Covington, (985) 892-1873.
- ZOO YEAR’S EVE: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Audubon Zoo, 6500 Magazine St., New Orleans. Ring in the new year with games, music and prizes plus a noon countdown with hats, noisemakers and kid-friendly drinks. Zoo admission. (800) 774-7394. auduboninstitute.org/zoo/.
- GERMAN COAST FARMERS MARKET WEST BANK: 2:30 to 6 p.m., 12715 U.S. 90, St. Charles Plaza Shopping Center, Luling. (504) 782-8517. germancoastfarmersmarket.org.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE BASH AT SUPERIOR SEAFOOD: 4 p.m. to 1 a.m., Superior Seafood & Oyster Bar, 4338 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Prix fixe four-course dinner, live music from John “Papa” Gros and the Papa Grows Funk band. $45 (504) 293-3474. superiorseafoodnola.com.
- SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE LOSS: 6:30 p.m., NAMI New Orleans, 1538 Louisiana Ave., New Orleans. Support group meeting. Call or email before attending. (504) 410-7025. email@example.com.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE DINNER AT TIVOLI & LEE: 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. seatings, Tivoli & Lee, The Hotel Modern, 936 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Three-course dinner of regional cuisine with complimentary champagne. $75. (504) 962-0909. tivoliandlee.com/event/new-years-eve-2/.
- NICOLAS FEUILLATTE CHAMPAGNE DINNER AT GALATOIRE’S: 8 p.m., Galatoire’s Restaurant, 209 Bourbon St., New Orleans. Reception, dinner, open bar, vocal stylings of Anais St. John. $175. (504) 525-2021. galatoires.com/home.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE BASH AT BELLOCQ: 8 p.m., Bellocq, The Hotel Modern, 936 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Punch and Champagne specials all evening. (504) 962-0911. thehotelmodern.com/bellocq.
- SUPER-SWINGING NEW YEAR — A DINING, DANCING CELEBRATION OF BIG BAND HITS: 9 p.m. seating, The Stage Door Canteen, National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Victory Big Band, dinner, midnight dessert and open bar. $190-$200. (504) 528-1943. stagedoorcanteen.org.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE AT THE RIVERVIEW ROOM: 9 p.m., The Riverview Room, 600 Decatur St., fourth floor, New Orleans. Buffet, open bar, Champagne, music by The Top Cats. $175. (504) 525-3000. riverviewroom.com.
- BIG NIGHT NEW ORLEANS: 9 p.m., Hyatt Regency New Orleans, 601 Loyola Ave., New Orleans. Celebrate with food, the 610 Stompers, Cowboy Mouth and more. $130 and up. bignightneworleans.com.
- NOLA NEW YEAR’S EVE: 9:30 p.m. to midnight, Decatur Street Stage, Jackson Square, New Orleans. Crescent City Countdown Club sponsors live music, fleur des lis drop and “Symphony in the Sky” fireworks. crescentcitycountdown.com.
- ROCK IN THE NEW YEAR WITH DR. JOHN: 10 p.m., Le Petit Theatre du Vieux Carre, 616 St. Peter St., New Orleans. The New Orleans musical icon kicks off Le Petit Theatre’s Intimate Evening Series with his only local performance before his 2015 tour. $150, $200 for premium seating. (504) 522-2081. lepetittheatre.com.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE FIREWORKS CRUISE: boarding 10 p.m., cruise 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Creole Queen Paddlewheeler, 1 Poydras St., New Orleans. Buffet, open bar, Champagne and fireworks. $159. (504) 529-4567. creolequeen.com.