- IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: 7 p.m., Deutsches Haus, 1023 Ridgewood Drive, Metairie. Live production of the holiday classic by The NOLA Voice Talent Foundation to benefit greater New Orleans nonprofit performing arts organizations. $20. www.nolavoicetalent.org/iawl-2014.
- A CHRISTMASSACRE STORY: 8 p.m., also Dec. 11; Dec. 5, 6, 12, 13 at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.; Dec. 7 at 5 p.m.; Dec. 14 at 3 p.m. Shadowbox Theatre, 2400 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Mashup of “A Christmas Story,” “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Silence of the Lambs.” $15. (504) 298-8676. www.theshadowboxtheatre.com.
- TWELFTH NIGHT: 7:30 p.m., through Dec. 21 (not Dec. 4, 10), New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. $24. (504) 658-4100. www.nolaproject.com.
- CHARLES DICKENS’ A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 8 p.m., Thursdays through Saturdays, 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, through Dec. 21. Marquette Theatre, Loyola University, 6363 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Doris Baisley’s adaptation with music of the holiday classic, starring John “Spud” McConnell. (504) 522-6545. www.southernrep.com.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 21. Anthony Bean Community Theater, 1333 S. Carrollton Ave., New Orleans. Classic telling of Dickens’ story with Harold X. Evans as Scrooge. $20. (504) 862-7589. www.anthonybeantheater.com.
- NUMB: 8 p.m., Thursday through Saturday, 7 p.m. Sunday through Dec. 6. The Ether Dome, 3625 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Goat in the Road Productions looks at the history of anesthesiology and 19th-century medicine. $20. www.goatintheroadproductions.org.
- THE ODD COUPLE: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday, through Dec. 13. Timberlane Country Club, 1 Timberlane Drive, Gretna. Female version of the Neil Simon classic, starring Ramona Tyler and Sandy Bravender. $50. (504) 367-5010.
A GOOD OLD FASHIONED REDNECK COUNTRY CHRISTMAS, THE MUSICAL: 8 P.M., FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, 2 P.M. SUNDAY, THROUGH DEC. 14; SLIDELL LITTLE THEATRE, 2024 NELLIE DRIVE, SLIDELL. (985) 643-0556. WWW.SLIDELLLITTLETHEATRE.ORG.
- THE MUSICAL ADVENTURES OF FLAT STANLEY JR.: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 5-6; 2 p.m. Dec. 6; 3 p.m. Dec. 7. Jefferson Performing Arts Center, 400 Phlox St., Metairie. Jefferson Performing Arts Theatre Kids! presents the show about a globe-trotting “flat” kid who hopes to one day be three-dimensional. $18 adults; $15 students; $12 under 12. (504) 885-2000.
- THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS BURLESQUE: 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Dec. 20, and 9 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15. Tim Burton’s classic film enhanced with tease. $15. (504) 298-8676. www.theshadowboxtheatre.com.
- GRENADINE MCGUNKLE’S DOUBLE-WIDE CHRISTMAS!: 8 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 6 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 5 through Dec. 21. Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Grenadine’s abode in the Everlastin’ Arms Motor Park is the scene of a hilarious speed dating party thrown on her by her relatives in this Running With Scissors musical production. $20 and up. (504) 488-1460. www.midcitytheatre.com.
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND AND THE JUNGLE BOOK: 7 p.m., Dec. 8-9, Jewish Community Center, 5342 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. “Jungle Book” will be performed first and “Alice” will follow. General admission and seating will begin approximately 20 minutes before curtain. $10. (504) 522-6545. www.southerrep.com.
- DEBAUCHERY: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 10, Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Southern Rep’s monthly live soap opera written by Pat Bourgeois. $10. (504) 488-1460. www.midcitytheatre.com.
- 6X6: 7:30 p.m., Dec. 17, Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Southern Rep’s six 10-minute plays by six playwrights. $10. (504) 488-1460. www.midcitytheatre.com.
- THE VICTORY BELLES PRESENT AMERICA’S WARTIME SWEETHEARTS: 11:45 a.m. Wednesdays. The Stage Door Canteen at the National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. A tribute to the Andrews Sisters. $40. (504) 528-1943. www.stagedoorcanteen.org.
- THE VICTORY BELLES RING IN THE HOLIDAYS: 6 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 11 a.m. Sundays, matinees throughout, through Dec. 27. Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Vintage holiday musical classics with optional dinner. $30 and up. (504) 528-1943. www.stagedoorcanteen.org.
- NEUTRAL GROUND POETY FORUM: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesdays. Neutral Ground Coffee House, 5110 Danneel St., New Orleans. A weekly writing workshop that affords poets an opportunity to share work with other writers. Bring five copies. (504) 891-3381.
- LES MISÉRABLES CHILDREN’S ROLE AUDITIONS: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 13, Teatro Wego!, 177 Sala Ave., Westwego. Jefferson Performing Arts looking for children under 52 inches in height. Reservations to audition required. Questions emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Specifics and requirements at www.jpas.org.
Have a production or auditions coming up and want to get listed in the Stages calendar? Email information to email@example.com. at least two weeks in advance.