- A CHRISTMASSACRE STORY: 8 p.m. Thursday; 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 3 p.m. Sunday. Shadowbox Theatre, 2400 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Mashup of “A Christmas Story,” “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Silence of the Lambs.” $15. (504) 298-8676. www.theshadowboxtheatre.com.
- AFRICA UMOJA: 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday; and 2 p.m. Sunday. Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, 1419 Basin St., New Orleans. South African production about the history of music and dance in this dynamic country. $32.50 up. www.mahaliajacksontheater.com.
- TWELFTH NIGHT: 7:30 p.m., through Dec. 21. New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. $24. (504) 658-4100. www.nolaproject.com.
- CHARLES DICKENS’ A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 8 p.m., Thursdays through Saturdays, 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, through Dec. 21. Marquette Theatre, Loyola University, 6363 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Doris Baisley’s adaptation with music of the holiday classic, starring John “Spud” McConnell. (504) 522-6545. www.southernrep.com.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL THE MUSICAL: 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. Sundays through Dec. 21; Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. Radio City Entertainment’s version of Dickens’ classic. (504) 461-9475. www.rivertowntheaters.com.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturdays, 3 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 21. Anthony Bean Community Theater, 1333 S. Carrollton Ave., New Orleans. Classic telling of Dickens’ story with Harold X. Evans as Scrooge. $20. (504) 862-7589. www.anthonybeantheater.com.
- THE ODD COUPLE: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Timberlane Country Club, 1 Timberlane Drive, Gretna. Female version of the Neil Simon classic, starring Ramona Tyler and Sandy Bravender. $50. (504) 367-5010.
- A GOOD OLD FASHIONED REDNECK COUNTRY CHRISTMAS, THE MUSICAL: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday. Slidell Little Theatre, 2024 Nellie Drive, Slidell. (985) 643-0556. www.slidelllittletheatre.org.
- THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS BURLESQUE: 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 20, and 9 p.m. Monday. Tim Burton’s classic film enhanced with tease. $15. (504) 298-8676. www.theshadowboxtheatre.com.
- GRENADINE MCGUNKLE’S DOUBLE-WIDE CHRISTMAS!: 8 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 6 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 21. Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Grenadine’s abode in the Everlastin’ Arms Motor Park is the scene of a hilarious speed dating party thrown on her by her relatives in this Running With Scissors musical production. $20 and up. (504) 488-1460. www.midcitytheatre.com.
- 6X6: 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Southern Rep’s six 10-minute plays by six playwrights. $10. (504) 488-1460. www.midcitytheatre.com.
- THE VICTORY BELLES PRESENT AMERICA’S WARTIME SWEETHEARTS: 11:45 a.m. Wednesdays. The Stage Door Canteen at the National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. A tribute to the Andrews Sisters. $40. (504) 528-1943. www.stagedoorcanteen.org.
- THE VICTORY BELLES RING IN THE HOLIDAYS: 6 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, 11 .am. Sundays, matinees throughout, through Dec. 27. Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Vintage holiday musical classics with optional dinner. $30 and up. (504) 528-1943. www.stagedoorcanteen.org.
- NEUTRAL GROUND POETRY FORUM: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesdays. Neutral Ground Coffee House, 5110 Danneel St., New Orleans. A weekly writing workshop that affords poets an opportunity to share work with other writers. Bring five copies. (504) 891-3381.
LES MISéRABLES CHILDREN’S ROLE AUDITIONS: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday. Teatro Wego!, 177 Sala Ave., Westwego. Jefferson Performing Arts looking for children under 52 inches in height. Reservations to audition required. Questions emailed to email@example.com. No phone calls. Specifics and requirements at www.jpas.org.
Have a production or auditions coming up and want to get listed in the Stages calendar? Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.