- THE ART OF THE COCKTAIL: 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Ariodante Gallery, 535 Julia St. Enjoy the cocktail-inspired work of more than 20 local artists and sample an “Art-ini” created especially for the event by sponsors Donner-Peltier Distillers. Painters, photographers, glassblowers, furniture makers, jewelers and sculptors were asked to interpret the theme; the results include realistic paintings of cocktails, drawings of cocktail dresses, one-of-a-kind bars, handcrafted martini glasses and much more. Free. evite.com.
- ART WORKSHOPS: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Treme Recreation Center, 900 N. Villere St. Free community art workshops for all ages. Workshops also will be held Saturdays, July 19 and 26 and Aug. 2. Call (504) 658-3160.
- Academy Gallery: 5256 Magazine St. Annual student show until Friday. Call (504) 899-8111.
- ANGELA KING GALLERY: 241 Royal St. Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText ColorCall (504) 524-8211.
- ARTHUR ROGER GALLERY: 432 Julia St. Call (504) 522-1999 or visit arthurrogergallery.com.
- THE ARIODANTE GALLERY: 535 Julia St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday or by appointment. Call (504) 524-3233.
- Beneito’s Art : 3618 Magazine St. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Jazz, blues and Carnival-themed oil paintings by Bernard Beneito. Call (504) 891-9170.
- CALLAN CONTEMPORARY: 518 Julia St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. James Flynn “Qualia” through Monday. Call (504) 525-0518. callancontemporary.com.
- Contemporary arts center: 900 Camp St. Call (504) 528-3805.
- DUTCH ALLEY ARTISTS’ CO-OP: 912 N. Peters St. Representing 25 local artists working in fabric, glass, clay, photography, etc. Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. Call (504) 412-9220. dutchalleyartistsco-op.com.
- THE FOUNDATION GALLERY: 608 Julia St. foundationgallerynola.com.
- HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS COLLECTION: 410 Chartres St. “From Cameo to Close Up: Louisiana in Film,” the history of moviemaking in New Orleans as seen in posters, photographs and more. Through Nov. 26. Call (504) 523-4662.
- J&S GALLERY: 3801 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson. Gallery hours: 8 a.m.-noon, Monday-Saturday. Wood carvings and art by local artists. Call (504) 952-9163.
- JEAN BRAGG GALLERY OF SOUTHERN ART: 600 Julia St. “In the Manner of A.J. Drysdale” through July 31. jeanbragg.com .
- JONATHAN FERRARA GALLERY: 400A Julia St. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday and by appointment. Bonnie Maygarden “Desert of the Real” and Sidoni Villere “Preserve” on view through July 31. Call (504) 522-5471 or visit jonathanferraragallery.com.
- KURT E. SCHON LTD: 510 St. Louis St. “The Plays of William Shakespeare,” 12 original oil paintings by Royal Academy Artists painted between 1768-1870, including Sir Nathaniel Dance-Holland, R.A., of “Portrait of David Garrick as Richard III” (Act V). Call (504) 524-5462. kurteschonltd.com.
- LAURA SIMON NELSON GALLERIES FOR LOUISIANA ART: 400 Chartres St. “Creole World:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color Photographs of New Orleans and the Latin Caribbean Sphere” by Richard SextonText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color through Dec. 7. Free. Call (504) 523-4662. hnoc.org.
- LeMieux Galleries: 332 Julia St. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday.Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color “Water Water Everywhere,” an invitational exhibition where artists were asked to interpret the theme of water and its impact on life. During the show, 10 percent of the purchase price of the pieces will go to water.org. Call (504) 522-5988.
- LONGUE VUE HOUSE AND GARDENS: 7 Bamboo Road. Margaret Hull “Intended Legacies” on display until Aug. 3. Call (504) 293-4712. longuevue.com.
- MARTIN LAWRENCE GALLERY: 433 Royal St. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., daily. martinlawrence.com or (504) 299-9055.
- LE MUSEE DE F.P.C.: 2336 Esplanade Ave. Call (504) 233-0384.
- NEW ORLEANS MUSEUM OF ART: 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park. “Rising Up: Hale Woodruff’s Murals at Talladega College” through Sept. 14. “Behind Closed Doors:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color Art in the Spanish American Home: 1492-1898” through September 21. Call (504) 658-4100. noma.org.
- OCTAVIA ART GALLERY: 454 Julia St. octaviaartgallery.com.