A membership to one local museum can open doors to many during August, New Orleans Museum Month, a new collaboration across the greater New Orleans area.
Here’s your chance to commune with nature, revel in art and dig deep into local history. Museum Month provides members of local museums an opportunity to sample the offerings of others free of charge through the end of the month, unless otherwise specified.
Visitors must present their membership card from a participating Museum Month institute for free admission. The offer is good for two complimentary admissions at each museum, with a valid membership card and ID.
Included in the list of options are:
- Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, 423 Canal St.
- Beauregard Keyes House, 1113 Chartres St.
- The Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St.
- The Cabildo, 701 Chartres St. in the French Quarter
- The Historic New Orleans Collection (tours are free during Museum Month), 533 Royal St.
- Irish Cultural Museum, 933 Conti St.
- Le Musée de f.p.c., 2336 Esplanade Ave.
- Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road
- The McKenna Museum of African American Art (closed through Aug. 16), 2003 Carondelet St.
- New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, 514 Chartres St.
- The Ogden Museum of Southern Art, 925 Camp St.
- National World War II Museum (general admission only) 945 Magazine St.
Organizers are encouraging visitors to the museums to share their experiences by using the hashtag #NolaMuseumMonth on social media.