The Book Tent is staffed by the New Orleans Gulf South Booksellers Association. All proceeds go to local literacy programs.
Friday, April 22
- “HEAR DATE NEW ORLEANS — A GUIDE TO THE RICH MUSICAL HERITAGE AND LIVELY CURRENT SCENE”: noon. Michael Murphy signs his latest book about the Crescent City.
- “MARDI GRASFISH”: 1 p.m. Dr. Keith Polk signs his children’s book about Crawfrere the Crawfish.
Saturday, April 23
- “RUN BABY RUN”: noon. Michael Allen Zell signs the first in his Bobby Delery series.
- “WAY DOWN IN LOUISIANA — CLIFTON CHENIER, CAJUN, ZYDECO AND SWAMP POP MUSIC”: 1 p.m. Todd Mouton signs his book about the music of the Bayou State and Chenier.
- “A FREE STATE”: 3 p.m. Tom Piazza signs his novel about a fugitive slave and brilliant musician.
- “STORIES FROM ST. LOUIS CEMETERIES OF NEW ORLEANS” AND “NEW ORLEANS NEIGHBORHOODS”: 4 p.m. Sally Asher and Meagan Baccinelli sign their respective books .
- “NEW ORLEANS MARDI GRAS MOMENTS”: 5 p.m. Peggy Scott Laborde signs her book about Carnival in the Crescent City.
Sunday, April 24
- “NEW ORLEANS’ BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANTS”: noon. Ann Benoit signs her cookbook of local favorites.
- “NEW ORLEANS — LIFE AND DEATH IN THE BIG EASY”: 1 p.m. Cheryl Gerber signs her photography book about local culture.
- “NEW ORLEANS NOIR — THE CLASSSICS”: 3 p.m. Julie Smith signs her collection of dark tales.
- “HOMAGE — NEW ORLEANS”: 4 p.m. Leon Morris signs his photographic journey through contemporary music culture.
- “BAYOU BOGEYMAN PRESENTS — HOODOO AND VOODOO”: 5 p.m. Laura Dragon signs her collection of nine supernatural tales from Louisiana writers.