- SATURDAY, MAY 9
PELICAN GREENHOUSE PLANT SALE: 9 A.M. TO NOON, CITY PARK, PELICAN GREENHOUSE, (OFF HENRY THOMAS/GOLF DRIVE JUST SOUTH OF I-610 UNDERPASS. ROSES, TROPICALS, HERBS, BEDDING PLANTS AND MORE. SALES BENEFIT CITY PARK. FREE. (504) 483-9464, PLANTS@NOCP.ORG.
- FLOWER PRESSING WORKSHOP: 10:30 a.m., Garden Study Center, New Orleans Botanical Garden. Mary Ellen Miller, past president of the Federated Council of New Orleans Garden Clubs, explains how to dry flowers and to design with pressed flowers. $15 with advance registration. (504) 483-9473, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRERET MARKET: Noon to 4 p.m., Freret at Napoleon. Outdoor market offers more than 90 vendors of food, art, crafts, live music and flea market finds. Free. www.freretmarket.org.
- PIETY STREET MARKET: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 612 Piety St. Indoor and outdoor market offers festive array of creative art, jewelry, crafts, vintage clothes, collectibles and more. Free. (504) 269-3982, email@example.com.
- HISTORIC FAUBOURG TREMÉ HOME TOUR: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., headquarters at St. Anna’s Episcopal Church, 1313 Esplanade Ave. Tour six historic homes in the Tremé neighborhood, one of New Orleans’ oldest. $15 advance, $20 at the door. www.faubourgtreme.org.
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE TALK & PLANT SALE: 9 a.m. to noon, plant sale, 10 a.m., talk, Parkway Partners, 1137 Baronne St. Parkway Partners hosts a talk by horticulturist Tammany Baumgarten on creating a schedule for pruning plants and properly maintaining a garden. Free. (504) 620-2224, www.parkwaypartnersnola.org.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
- HARRISON AVENUE MARKETPLACE: 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Lakeview Grocery parking lot, 801 Harrison Ave. The popular mid-week market features arts and crafts, food vendors, live music, and refreshments. Free. (504) 535-4486, www.harrisonavenuemarketplace.org
THURSDAY, MAY 14
- BLOOM WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. Unwind with wine and cheese while creating a floral arrangement with Emily Eberwine of Pick-A-Petal. Registration includes materials and refreshments. $40 by advance registration. (504) 293-4721, www.longuevue.com.
SATURDAY, MAY 16
- BOTANICAL GARDEN REFLECTIONS: 9:30 a.m., East Bank Regional Library, 4747 West Napoleon Ave., Metairie. Susan Capley, education director of the New Orleans Botanical Garden, presents a talk on the past and future of the garden, hosted by the Southeastern Louisiana Daylily Society. Free. (504) 889-8143, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY, MAY 17
- FAUBOURG MARIGNY HOME TOUR: Noon to 4 p.m., Washington Square Park, 700 Frenchmen St. The neighborhood association presents a self-guided tour of eight historic buildings, including 6 homes, the McDonogh 16 building (under renovation as senior housing) and the Étoile Polaire Masonic Temple. $20. (504) 701-7297, email@example.com.
- FRENCH QUARTER HOME AND COURTYARD TOUR: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., 1850 House Museum Store, 523 St. Ann St. The Friends of the Cabildo nonprofit organization sponsors a self-guided walking tour of six French Quarter homes and courtyards. $50. (504) 523-3939, www.friendsofthecabildo.org.
SUNDAY, MAY 24
- HIBISCUS SHOW AND SALE: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Grace King High School, 4301 Grace King Place, Metairie. The New Orleans Hibiscus Society presents hundreds of hibiscus for viewing and purchase at its annual event. Free. (504) 722-2408.
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 29 TO MAY 31
- ORCHID SHOW AND SALE: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, noon to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, Lakeside Shopping Center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The New Orleans Orchid Society’s show and sale is the largest orchid show in the Deep South and offers 14 vendors selling orchids and supplies for orchid growing. Free. www.neworleansorchidsociety.org.
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 30 TO MAY 31
- BROMELIAD SHOW AND SALE: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Clearview Mall, 4436 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. The River Ridge Bromeliad Society hosts its 10th annual show and sale featuring bromeliads and cryptanthus. Experts on hand to answer questions. Free. (504) 467-6415.
SATURDAY, MAY 30
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (South Carrollton at South Claiborne). The market features art and crafts vendors, plus food, music and a kids’ tent. Free. (504) 523-1465.
Send listings for the Home and Garden calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org