SATURDAY, JAN. 3
- FRERET MARKET: Noon to 4 p.m., Freret at Napoleon. Outdoor market offers more than 90 vendors of food, art, crafts, live music, and flea market finds. Free. www.freretmarket.org.
TUESDAY, JAN. 6
- NEW ORLEANS OLD GARDEN ROSE MEETING: 7 p.m., John Calvin Presbyterian Church, 4201 Transcontinental Drive, Metairie. At its monthly meeting, the group discusses how to identify various roses by their traits and views a slide show of the Alexandria garden of Marilyn Wellan. $5. (504) 831-0525.
SATURDAY, JAN. 10
- NATIVE NOW - NATIVE SHRUBS AND TREES IN THE WINTER GARDEN: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. Longue Vue’s Tyrone Foreman leads a tour and discussion of the Wild Garden with special attention to deciduous native plantings. $10. (504) 293- 4723, www.longuevue.com.
- GROWING CITRUS IN NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. talk, 9 a.m. to noon plant sale. Parkway Partners, 1137 Baronne St. Learn from Lee Rouse of the LSU AgCenter about how to grow it and how to manage pests. Free. (504) 620-2224, www.parkwaypartnersnola.org.
- PIETY STREET MARKET: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 612 Piety St. Indoor and outdoor market offers festive array of creative art, jewelry, crafts, vintage clothes, collectibles and more. Free. (504) 269-3982, email@example.com.
SATURDAY, JAN. 17
- MASTER GARDENERS WINTER SYMPOSIUM: 8:30 a.m. to noon, New Orleans Museum of Art, Auditorium. Sponsored by the Master Gardeners of Greater New Orleans, the event features three experts speaking on topics including old roses, tropicals and European influences on local gardens. $25. www.mggno.org/symposium.
- DAYLILY SOCIETY PRESENTATION: 9 a.m. to noon, Eastbank Regional Library, 4747 W. Napoleon Ave., Metairie. Bill Monroe presents a slide show about daylilies. Free.
- OCH ART MARKET: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd. Indoor and outdoor market showcasing arts and crafts, flea market finds, food and refreshments. Free. (985) 250-0378, www.ochartmarket.com.
SATURDAY, JAN. 24
- GREATER NEW ORLEANS IRIS SOCIETY MEETING: 10 a.m. to noon, Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. The group discusses iris projects in New Orleans, Covington and Baton Rouge. Attendees go home with a free iris. Free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (S. Carrollton at S. Claiborne). The two day holiday market features art and crafts vendors, plus food, music and a kids’ tent. Free. (504) 523-1465.
Send listings for the Home and Garden calendar to email@example.com.