home & GARDEN CALENDAR
- FORAGING WALK: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Couturie Forest, City Park. In cooperation with the Eat Local Challenge, botanist Charles Allen leads a walk to find wild edibles such as chanterelles, wood ears, oyster mushrooms, milkweed, elderberries, huckleberries, bull briars, wild asparagus and silk thistle. $5. (504) 296-9960, www.nolalocavore.com.
- RENOVATE RIGHT: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Preservation Resource Center, 923 Tchoupitoulas St. At the third and final workshop in the series, learn from experienced contractors and local professionals about topics including project management, working with city agencies, working successfully with a contractor, using an architect and maintaining the historic character of your house. $65 for the series of three nights, $25 per night. (504) 581-7032, www.prcno.org.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25
- URBAN FARMS BIKE TOUR #2: 9:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Press Street Gardens, 7 Press St. The Eat Local Challenge sponsors a bike tour of four urban farms in Bywater, Marigny and the Lower 9th Ward. Free. (504) 296-9960, www.nolalocavore.com.
HOW TO MAKE COMPOST TEA: 10:30 A.M. TO 11:30 A.M., GROWING LOCAL NOLA, 1750 CARONDELET ST.ROBERT BLAKES AND FARMER ICA LEADS A WORKSHOP ON MAKING MICROBIAL TEAS THAT BOOST PLANT PRODUCTION BY PROVIDING GOOD NUTRITION FROM THE ROOTS UP. FREE WITH RSVP. (504) 507-0357, GSTEWART@RECIRCULATINGFARMS.ORG.
MONDAY, JUNE 27
- KITCHEN BOX GARDEN WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Garden on Mars, 2538 Charbonnet St. Jeanette Bell and Erin Zimmer lead a workshop on how to build a raised bed that provides fresh herbs and vegetables. Free. (504) 296-9960, www.nolalocavore.com.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25
- PALMER PARK ARTS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park, South Carrollton at South Claiborne. Shop for handmade arts and crafts at this monthly market that also features food and music. Presented by the Arts Council. Free. www.artsneworleans.org.
SATURDAY, JULY 9
- STORM WATER MANAGEMENT: 9 a.m. to noon greenhouse sale, 10 a.m. talk, Parkway Partners, 1137 Baronne St. Jeff Supak, of Global Green NOLA, presents on rain water solutions for the home gardens and on the Water Wise Nola initiative. Free. www.parkwaypartnersnola.org.