SATURDAY, JULY 12
- BACKYARD WATER FEATURES & PLANT SALE: 9 a.m. to noon sale, 10 a.m. talk, Parkway Partners, 1137 Baronne St. A discussion of water features for the residential garden, plus a sale of greenhouse plants featuring aquatic specimens. Free. (504) 620-2224, www.parkwaypartnersnola.org.
- OCH ART MARKET: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1618 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd. Indoor and outdoor market showcasing arts and crafts, flea market finds, food and refreshments. Focus this month on tribal art. Free. (985) 250-0378, www.ochartmarket.com.
- PIETY STREET MARKET: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Old Ironworks, 612 Piety St. Indoor/outdoor market featuring arts, crafts, vintage, flea market goods, plus food, drink and music. Free. (504) 782-2569.
- CROSBY ARBORETUM AQUATIC PLANT SALE: 9 a.m. to noon, Crosby Arboretum, 370 Ridge Road, Picayune, Mississippi. Offering low-maintenance, non-invasive aquatic plants including hardy water lilies, native iris, lizard’s tail and more. Free. (601) 799-2311, www.crosbyarboretum.msstate.edu.
SUNDAY, JULY 13
- LIFE DRAWING AT LONGUE VUE: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Rd. Featuring a live model. $10. (504) 293-4721, email@example.com.
TUESDAY, JULY 15
- STARTING IRISES FROM SEED: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden, City Park. Work in the Super Plant Enabling garden and a demonstration of how to start irises from seed, presented by Master Gardeners of greater New Orleans and the New Orleans Iris Society. Free. (504) 658-4153.
- ORCHID WORKSHOP: 7 p.m., Garden Study Center, New Orleans Botanical Garden (use rear gate). Experienced growers staff stations and answer questions posed by newer growers, sponsored by New Orleans Orchid Society. Free. www.neworleansorchidsociety.org.
THURSDAY, JULY 24
- IRISH CHANNEL RENOVATORS’ HAPPY HOUR: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., 622 First St. Renovation-in-progress of formerly blighted shotgun double camelback into three spacious units, hosted by the Preservation Resource Center. Light refreshments. $10. (504) 636-3399, www.prcno.org.
- LIFE DRAWING AT LONGUE VUE: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. Featuring a live model. $10. (504) 293-4721, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY, JULY 26
- FAMILY ICE CREAM SOCIAL AT LONGUE VUE: 10 a.m. to noon, Longue Vue House & Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. Ice cream from the Creole Creamery, classic summertime games and a pet adoption from Animal Rescue New Orleans. $8. (504) 293-4723, www.longuevue.com.
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (South Carrollton at South Claiborne). Market featuring art and crafts vendors, plus food, music and a kids’ tent. Free. (504) 523-1465.
THURSDAY TO SUNDAY, JULY 31 TO AUG. 3
- NEW ORLEANS ANTIQUE FORUM “SOUTHERN EXPRESSIONS”: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, The Williams Research Center of the Historic New Orleans Collection, 410 Chartres St., Exploring the expression of regional style through furniture, linens, art, clothing, jewelry, silverware and more. Registration packages start at $100. (504) 523-4662, www.hnoc.org.
SATURDAY TO MONDAY, AUG. 2-4
- FARM TO TABLE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Monday, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd. Featuring films, panel discussions, demonstrations and reports dealing with challenges and successes of the farm-to-table movement. In partnership with the SoFAB Institute and the LSU AgCenter. $125. (504) 582-3072, www.f2t-int.com.
SATURDAY, AUG. 16
- BONSAI AUCTION: Tree viewing 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., auction 6 p.m., Marine Corps League Hall, 2708 Delaware St., Kenner. Auction of bonsai trees sponsored by the Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society. Free. (504) 458-6956.
THURSDAY, AUG. 28
- LOWER GARDEN DISTRICT RENOVATORS HAPPY HOUR: 5:30 p.m., 1421 Josephine St. Featuring a rare Gothic revival home under renovation by Andrea St. Paul Bland, sponsored by the Preservation resource Center. $10. (504) 636-3300, www.prcno.org.
Send listings for the Home and Garden calendar to email@example.com.