SATURDAY, MAY 2
- JUNIOR LEAGUE KITCHEN TOUR & HOUSE BEAUTIFUL KITCHEN OF THE YEAR: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Junior League tour headquarters, 4319 Carondelet St. Take a self-guided tour of 11 stylish kitchens including the House Beautiful Magazine’s “Kitchen of the Year,” designed by Ken Fulk of San Francisco. $40 advance, $45 day of the event. 504-891-5845, www.jlno.org.
- ALL ABOUT ROSES: 10 a.m. to noon, Fairview-Riverside State Park’s Otis House, Madisonville. St. Tammany Master Gardeners present a program on choosing, pruning, propagating, and caring for roses. $2 (admission to park). email@example.com
- BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS TOUR: 10 a.m., Old US Mint, rear gates in the 400 block of Barracks St. Tour guides trained by the Friends of the Cabildo lead a walking tour that includes visits to important sites in the French Quarter associated with the Battle of New Orleans. $25 by advance registration. (504) 523-3939, www.friendsofthecabildo.org.
- BEGINNING WITH BEES: 10:30 a.m., New Orleans Botanical Garden, City Park. Get a complete overview of the equipment and considerations for beekeeping from instructor Russell Harris, who has been keeping honeybees as a hobby since 2004. Harris works as Senior Horticulturist for Rotolo Consultants and has BS and MS degrees in horticulture. $10 with advance registration. (504) 483-9473, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY, MAY 9
- PELICAN GREENHOUSE PLANT SALE: 9 a.m. to noon, City Park, Pelican Greenhouse, (off Henry Thomas/Golf Drive just south of I-610 underpass. Roses, tropicals, herbs, bedding plants and more are offered. Sales benefit City Park. Free. (504) 483-9464, email@example.com.
- FLOWER PRESSING WORKSHOP: 10:30 a.m., Garden Study Center, New Orleans Botanical Garden. Mary Ellen Miller, past President of the Federated Council of New Orleans Garden Clubs, explains how to dry flowers and to design with pressed flowers. $15 with advance registration. (504) 483-9473, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRERET MARKET: Noon to 4 p.m., Freret at Napoleon. Outdoor market offers more than 90 vendors of food, art, crafts, live music and flea market finds. Free. www.freretmarket.org.
- PIETY STREET MARKET: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 612 Piety St. Indoor and outdoor market offers festive array of creative art, jewelry, crafts, vintage clothes, collectibles and more. Free. (504) 269-3982, email@example.com.
- HISTORIC FAUBOURG TREMÉ HOME TOUR: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., headquarters at St. Anna’s Episcopal Church, 1313 Esplanade Ave. Tour six historic homes in the Tremé neighborhood, one of New Orleans’ oldest. $15 advance, $20 at the door. www.faubourgtreme.org.
- GARDEN MAINTENANCE TALK & PLANT SALE: 9 a.m. to noon, plant sale, 10 a.m., talk, Parkway Partners, 1137 Baronne St. Parkway Partners hosts a talk by horticulturist Tammany Baumgarten on creating a schedule for pruning plants and properly maintaining a garden. Free. (504) 620-2224, www.parkwaypartnersnola.org.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
- HARRISON AVENUE MARKETPLACE: 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Lakeview Grocery parking lot, 801 Harrison Ave. The popular midweek market features arts and crafts, food vendors, live music and refreshments. Free. (504) 535-4486, www.harrisonavenuemarketplace.org.
THURSDAY, MAY 14
- BLOOM WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Longue Vue House and Gardens, 7 Bamboo Road. Unwind with wine and cheese while creating a floral arrangement with Emily Eberwine of Pick-A-Petal. Registration includes materials and refreshments. $40 by advance registration. (504) 293-4721, www.longuevue.com.
SUNDAY, MAY 17
- FAUBOURG MARIGNY HOME TOUR: Noon to 4 p.m., Washington Square Park, 700 Frenchmen St. The neighborhood association presents a self-guided tour of eight historic buildings, including six homes, the McDonogh 16 building (under renovation as senior housing) and the Étoile Polaire Masonic Temple. $20. (504) 701-7297; faubourgmarigny.org.
- FRENCH QUARTER HOME AND COURTYARD TOUR: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., 1850 House Museum Store, 523 St. Ann St. The Friends of the Cabildo non-profit organization sponsors a self-guided walking tour of six French Quarter homes and courtyards. $50. (504) 523-3939, www.friendsofthecabildo.org.
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 29 TO MAY 31
- ORCHID SHOW AND SALE: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, noon to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, Lakeside Shopping Center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The New Orleans Orchid Society’s show and sale is the largest orchid show in the Deep South and offers 14 vendors selling orchids and supplies for orchid growing. Free. www.neworleansorchidsociety.org.
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 30 TO MAY 31
- BROMELIAD SHOW AND SALE: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Clearview Mall, 4436 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. The River Ridge Bromeliad Society hosts its 10th annual show and sale featuring bromeliads and cryptanthus. Experts on hand to answer questions. Free. (504) 467-6415.
SATURDAY, MAY 30
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (S. Carrollton at S. Claiborne). The market features art and crafts vendors, plus food, music and a kids’ tent. Free. (504) 523-1465.
Send listings for the Home and Garden calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org.