SATURDAY, MAY 16
- BOTANICAL GARDEN REFLECTIONS: 9:30 a.m., East Bank Regional Library, 4747 W. Napoleon Ave., Metairie. Susan Capley, education director of the New Orleans Botanical Garden, presents a talk on the past and future of the garden, hosted by the Southeastern Louisiana Daylily Society. Free. (504) 889-8143, email@example.com.
SUNDAY, MAY 17
- FAUBOURG MARIGNY HOME TOUR: Noon to 4 p.m., Washington Square Park, 700 Frenchmen St. The neighborhood association presents a self-guided tour of eight historic buildings, including six homes, the McDonogh 16 building (under renovation as senior housing) and the Étoile Polaire Masonic Temple. $20. (504) 701-7297, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRENCH QUARTER HOME AND COURTYARD TOUR: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., 1850 House Museum Store, 523 St. Ann St. The Friends of the Cabildo nonprofit organization sponsors a self-guided walking tour of six French Quarter homes and courtyards. $50. (504) 524-9118, www.friendsofthecabildo.org.
SUNDAY, MAY 24
- HIBISCUS SHOW AND SALE: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Grace King High School, 4301 Grace King Place, Metairie. The New Orleans Hibiscus Society presents hundreds of hibiscus for viewing and purchase at its annual event. Free. (504) 722-2408.
THURSDAY, MAY 28
- IKEBANA CLASS: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2011 Magazine St. Learn the art of Japanese floral arranging. $22. (504) 235-1558.
FRIDAY, MAY 29
- AT HOME IN THE VIEUX CARRÉ: 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Lower Pontalba Building, 521 St. Ann St. Visit the home of photographer Louis Sahuc and hear from him about the experience of living in the world-renowned Pontalba apartments. Sponsored by the Vieux Carré Property Owners, Residents and Associates. $10. (581-7200, www.vcpora.org.
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 29 TO MAY 31
- ORCHID SHOW AND SALE: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday, noon to 4:30 p.m., Sunday, Lakeside Shopping Center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The New Orleans Orchid Society’s show and sale is the largest orchid show in the Deep South and offers 14 vendors selling orchids and supplies for orchid growing. Free. www.neworleansorchidsociety.org.
SATURDAY TO SUNDAY, MAY 30 TO MAY 31
- BROMELIAD SHOW AND SALE: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Clearview Mall, 4436 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. The River Ridge Bromeliad Society hosts its 10th annual show and sale featuring bromeliads and cryptanthus. Experts on hand to answer questions. Free. (504) 467-6415.
SATURDAY, MAY 30
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Palmer Park (South Carrollton at South Claiborne). The market features art and crafts vendors, plus food, music and a kids’ tent. Free. (504) 523-1465.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10
- HARRISON AVENUE MARKETPLACE: 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Lakeview Grocery parking lot, 801 Harrison Ave. The popular midweek market features arts and crafts, food vendors, live music and refreshments. Free. (504) 535-4486, www.harrisonavenuemarketplace.org.
SATURDAY, JUNE 13
- PICAYUNE PLACE HOME TOUR: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Headquarters at International House, 221 Camp St. Learn about the history of Picayune Place (bounded by camp, Common, Tchoupitoulas and Poydras) from geographer and author Richard Campanella before touring private residences in this urban environment. Sponsored by the Preservation Resource Center and the Friends of the Cabildo. $20. (504) 58107032, www.prcno.org.
TUESDAY, JUNE 16 TO JUNE 27
- GREEN KEEPERS: Various times and locations. Register now for “Green Keepers,” a series of five seminars and workshops that demonstrate how residents can use storm water. Presented by Parkway Partners and funded by the Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans’ Green Infrastructure Initiative. Free, but spaces extremely limited. (504) 620-2224, email@example.com.
Send listings for the Home and Garden calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org.