As part of its Founder’s Day celebration, Xavier University of Louisiana honored 65 longtime faculty and staff members recently.
Topping the list of honorees were J.W. Carmichael Jr., premed, and Clifford Wright, business, both with 45 years of service.
Three other employees also were recognized as winners of the inaugural Norman C. Francis Staff Excellence Awards Program: Treschere Washington, art, for leadership; Pearl Algere-Lonian, academic affairs, for service; and Karl Findorff, technology administration, for outstanding performance.
Also honored for long terms of service were:
- 40 YEARS: Ann Barbre, pharmacy; Lester Jones, mathematics; and Deborah Lidy, sponsored programs.
- 35 YEARS: Luella Gombako, housing; Bobbie Jordan, student services; and Michael White, languages.
- 30 YEARS: Kenneth Boutte, biology; Joseph Byrd, student services; Janice Florent, Center for the Advancement of Teaching; Jacqueline Gavis, chemistry; and Shamsul Huda, history.
- 25 YEARS: Linda Blakley, pharmacy; Marguerite Giguette, academic affairs; Erica Houston, psychology/sociology; Delise Hunter, environmental health; Sandy Livings-Veals, financial aid; Gwen Morris, registrar’s office; Paul Pierce, university police; Patricia Vaultz, fiscal; and Jian Zhang, chemistry.
- 20 YEARS: Sharon Aubert, pharmacy; Levon Bostanian, pharmacy; Arnold Crump, mass communications; Ronald Dorris, English; Dwight Fitch, campus ministry; Maryam Foroozesh, chemistry; Anil Kukreja, dean of College of Arts and Sciences; Guangdi Wang, chemistry; and Mark Whitaker, English.
- 15 YEARS: Feralyn Ahmed, technology administration; Pearl Algere-Lonian, academic affairs; Amne Borghol, pharmacy; Darrilyn Broussard, athletics; Denis Carr, physical plant; Arthur Collins, physical plant; Wendy Gaudin, freshman seminar; Richard Graves, pharmacy; Nicole Greene, English; Mark Gstohl, theology; Rosalind Hale, education; Elliott Hammer, psychology; Martha Harris, pharmacy; Danitra Hawkins, pharmacy; Elsie King, fiscal; Alice Roy, library; L’Tanya Settle-Charles, technology administration; Kendra Turcuit, institutional advancement; Yamlak Tsega, technology administration; Judy Warren, student health; QuoVadis Webster, pre-med; and Cynthia Williams, pharmacy.
- 10 YEARS: Almore Cato Jr., library; Mack Crayton III, biology; Craig Gilliam, physical plant; Jessica Graber, physics; Freddie Landry, physics; J. Robert Luo, chemistry; Linda Mihm, pharmacy; Donna Robinson, pharmacy; Erick Robinson, physical plant; Ann Smith, sponsored programs; Tracie Thomas, graduate placement; and Harold Vincent Jr., physical plant.