- VENUS IN FUR: 7:30 p.m., The Freeport-McMoRan Theater at The Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. Performance by Southern Rep. (504) 522-6545 or http://www.SouthernRep.com.
- JERSEY BOYS: 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts, New Orleans. http://www.mahaliajacksontheater.com or (800) 745-3000.
- RUNNIN’ DOWN THE MOUNTAIN: 8 p.m., Dryades Theater, 1232 O.C. Haley Blvd., New Orleans. “Runnin’ Down the Mountain” is the story of Everett and Margaret Riddle, a brother and sister, grown and living alone on their family’s orchard in the Great Smoky Mountains. This innovative new performance mixes original and traditional music, live looping and soundscapes with NEW NOISE’s own brand of visual storytelling. $15, general admission, $12, artists/students/seniors. http://www.newnoise.org.
- ARABIAN NIGHTS: 7 p.m., Thursday through Saturday with a 2 p.m. matinee on Saturday, Nims Black Box Theatre, NOCCA campus, 2800 Chartres Street, New Orleans. Tickets to this student production are $10 and can be purchased in advance at http://www.eventbrite.com.
FRIDAY, JAN. 25
- SLOW BURN BURLESQUE PRESENTS “THE BIG SLEAZY” WITH LIVE BAND THIS STUNTED SEXTETTE: 9 p.m. doors open; 10 p.m. show, The Howlin’ Wolf New Orleans, 907 S. Peters St., New Orleans. Produced by performers Ben Wisdom and Ginger Licious with founder Nona Narcisse, each month we set the stage on fire with our many talented and outrageous guests, along with our seductive central cast of players Roxie le Rouge, Ruby Rage, and The Lady Lucerne. $15. (504) 723-1585. http://www.howlin-wolf.com.
- THE BAY AT NICE: 8 p.m., The Old U.S. Mint, 400 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans. A searing one-act drama by one of England’s foremost playwrights set in 1956 Leningrad. (504) 558-0493.
- THE CLASS OF ’70 SOMETHING: 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. The original hit musical. $30-$35. http://www.rivertowntheaters.com or (504) 461-9475.
- AVENUE Q: 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m., Sunday. North Star Theatre, 347 Girod St, Mandeville. Winner of the Tony “Triple Crown” for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book, “Avenue Q” is part flesh, part felt and packed with heart. “Avenue Q” is a laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who moves into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q. No one under 17 admitted without parent. Adults, $30; military, $27; senior (65+), $27; student, $20. (504) 885-2000.
WEDNESDAY AND JAN. 31
- WEALTH BY ARISTOPHANES: 8 p.m., Lower Depths Theater, 6363 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Translated and adapted by Karen Rose. $12 general admission, $8 students, seniors, Loyola faculty and staff. http://cmfa.loyno.edu.