Store’s liquor section robbed twice in 2 days
New Orleans police are investigating two cases of shoplifting in the liquor section at the Rite Aid store in the 3400 block of St. Charles Avenue.
In the first case, a man entered the store about 7 p.m. Tuesday in a wheelchair and proceeded to the liquor section. He was observed on video surveillance standing up numerous times to take bottles of liquor off shelves and place them in a blue backpack. He then left the store in his wheelchair.
The store manager said the man made off with more than $500 worth of alcohol.
The entire incident was captured on video surveillance and can be viewed at http://youtu.be/2f-IaQkJoBk.
In the second case, a woman walked into the store about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday and went to the liquor section. She was observed on video surveillance placing several bottles in a brown purse. She then picked up a four-pack of beer and went to the register to pay for it, though not for the items in the purse.
The incident can be viewed at http://youtu.be/_iPJow-OD4M.
Anyone with information on the identity of either person is asked to call Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.
NOPD investigating three armed robberies
New Orleans police are investigating these armed robberies:
- 3600 block of Chestnut Street: A man with a gun approached a 64-year-old woman in her vehicle about 3 p.m. Thursday and demanded her property. She complied.
- 5300 block of Franklin Avenue: Three men entered a Happy Discount store about 2:30 a.m. Friday. One of the men produced a weapon and demanded money. He fled with the money and lottery tickets from the store.
- 5400 block of Marais Street: Three or four men and two women forced their way into a 36-year-old woman’s home about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday. One of the women struck the victim in the head. The robbers took her computer and fled.
Two armed robberies reported in Jefferson
Jefferson Parish 911 headquarters reported these armed robberies:
- 3300 block of Ridgelake Drive, Metairie: A man and a woman were robbed about 4 p.m. Thursday. They were not injured.
- U.S. 90, Avondale: A man was robbed about 9 p.m. Monday. He was not injured.