- BUNARCHY BAR HOP: The eighth annual NOLA Bunarchy charity bar hop will take place Saturday at various locations in the Faubourg Marigny to raise money for Hail Mary Animal Rescue. It begins at 6 p.m. at Marie’s Bar, hops on at 7 p.m. to Mimi’s in the Marigny, at 8 p.m. to St. Roch Tavern, at 9:30 p.m. to The Allways Lounge, and at 10:30 to Frenchmen Street. Last year, more than 300 costumed bunnies paraded through the streets. Passes for the event are handmade oak medallions that can be purchased online at NooMoon.net or at both Fun Rockin’ locations, 1125 Decatur St. or 3109 Magazine St. For more information, email noomoonland email@example.com.
- JO ‘COOL’ DAVIS: New Orleans gospel and blues singer Jo ‘Cool’ Davis will perform a free gospel show from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Good Friday at Magnolia Food Co-op, 2132 Simon Bolivar Ave., New Orleans, and from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Easter Sunday at Trinity Episcopal Church, 1329 Jackson Ave., New Orleans. Davis has performed at The House of Blues and New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, as well as in many churches throughout the South.
- FRENCH QUARTER EASTER PARADE: Started by Germaine Wells of the Arnaud’s Restaurant family in 1956, the historic French Quarter Easter Parade always begins at Arnaud’s at 9:45 a.m. Easter Sunday, with parade participants in their Sunday best and Easter bonnets.
- CHRIS OWENS EASTER PARADE: Features local entertainer Chris Owens and floats with Easter images from the bunny to eggs and more, along with throws. About 1 p.m. Easter Sunday; begins at the Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel on the corner of Canal and Bourbon streets.
EG G HUNTS
- WEST BANK BRIDGE PARK IN LULING: St. Charles Parish’s seventh annual Easter egg hunt will be held on Saturday, with registration at 9:30 a.m. and a hat contest at 10 a.m. It features three egg-hunt divisions: 10:30 a.m., 1- to 3-year-olds, Field 1; 10:45 a.m., 7- to 10-year-olds, Field 2; 11 a.m., 4- to 6-year-olds, Field 1. There will be grand prize for the hat contest and each division of the egg hunt. For more information, call (985) 331-3795.
- ST. MATTHEW UNITED METHODIST CHURCH: 6017 Camphor St., Metairie. Breakfast with the Bunny starts at 10 a.m. Saturday and will include breakfast, pictures with the Easter Bunny, an Easter egg hunt and games. Free.
- ENGLISH TURN COUNTRY CLUB: The 28th annual Easter brunch and egg hunt will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Easter Sunday. Hunts start at 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. $40.95 per person plus fees, adults; 12 and under, $16.95 plus fees.
- OLIVER BUSH PLAYGROUND: A day of fun at the Lower 9th Ward Easter Egg Hunt, 2500 Caffin St., New Orleans. Starts at 1 p.m. Easter Sunday. Music, games and food presented by the Lower 9 House of Music.