Two teenagers have been arrested for allegedly using a knife to steal a six-pack of beer from an underage Tulane University student after first offering to sell him cocaine last month.

Tulane University police say that Hayden Conis and Tyler Thompson, both 18, robbed the student on Jan. 30 after the victim bought a pack of beer from a convenience store attached to a popular student haunt called The Boot. Thompson was arrested last week, and Conis was booked on Monday.

The 17-year-old victim told police that he bought a six-pack of Fat Tire beer from the Boot’s convenience store in the 1000 block of Broadway Street at about 11:40 p.m. As he left the store and walked east on Zimple Street, according to a warrant, the student was approached by a man asking if he wanted to buy cocaine.

The student said no. But as he walked onto the campus’s Newcomb Quad, police said, he felt a tap on the shoulder and turned to see two men facing them.

One of those men was the same who had offered to sell the student cocaine, according to police. In this encounter, police allege, he brandished a 4 to 6” long knife and demanded the beer.

The student told police that after he handed the beer over, the second man pushed him over. Both assailants then fled the scene.

Police reviewing video footage from the Boot discovered two men talking to bar employees who then followed the victim. Bar workers identified the suspect who offered to sell the victim cocaine as Conis and the other suspect as Thompson, according to the warrant obtained by Detective Dennis Serena.

Serena said that Thompson identified Conis as his accomplice after being taken into custody on Feb. 15, and that video surveillance confirmed the student’s story.

A judge set bond for Conis at $50,000 on a count of armed robbery, and he remained in the Orleans Justice Center on Tuesday. Thompson posted a $55,000 surety bond on counts of simple battery and principal to armed robbery on Feb. 16.

Conis is a full-time student who resides in Terrytown, according to court records. A judge set a March 7 hearing to determine his counsel.

Thompson’s attorney did not immediately return a request for comment.