New Orleans police reported several incidents Friday afternoon into Saturday morning in which people were stabbed or shot. Several people were hospitalized, but no fatalities were reported.
According to reports from the New Orleans Police Department:
• Just after 4 a.m., a fight involving a group of people in the 800 block of North Rampart Street led to a 27-year-old man being stabbed. The victim was taken to a hospital, where he was in stable condition.
• Around 1:20 a.m., a woman stabbed a man, reportedly in self-defense after a domestic dispute turned into a physical confrontation. Ricardo Stevenson, 41, was transported to a hospital to be treated for his injuries and was to be arrested after treatment, police said. The incident occurred in the 3700 block of Behrman Highway.
• Just before midnight, two men firing into a crowd at Lizardi and St. Claude struck three people, including a man and woman who were sitting in a vehicle. All three were hospitalized. Their conditions were not immediately available.
• Just after 10 p.m., a 33-year-old man who heard shots fired in the 5100 block of St. Claude realized he had been shot. He was hospitalized, condition undisclosed.
• Around 9:30 p.m., a 23-year-old man was approached by two men in the 2100 block of Louisa and robbed of his phone and wallet. The victim produced a gun and one of the robbers fired a shot at him. He returned fire and the robbers fled.
• Just before 8 p.m., a woman at a home in the 2000 block of Frenchman Street was stabbed by her child’s father. A man who arrived at the home and witnessed the stabbing tried to stop the attack and also was stabbed. The attacker fled, and both victims were hospitalized in undisclosed conditions.
• Before 3 p.m., a man walking in the 4200 block of Dowman Road bumped into another person, leading to a fight in which the man was stabbed. He was hospitalized in undisclosed condition.