- NATCHEZ FESTIVAL OF MUSIC: Natchez, Miss. The festival’s signature event is a 50th anniversary tribute to the Beatles arrival in America. Other productions and concerts, some free, are scheduled on weekends throughout May and genres include opera, musicals, jazz, swing, big band and more. There’s also a musical wine tasting. natchezfestivalofmusic.com.
- JAMBALAYA FESTIVAL: Gonzales Civic Center, 219 S. Irma Blvd., Gonzales. Cooking contests, carnival, art show, live music. Free. jambalayafestival.org. (225) 647-9549.
- BAYOU COUNTRY SUPERFEST: LSU Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge. Featuring George Strait, Reba McEntire, Chris Young and more. bayoucountrysuperfest.com.
- KROTZ SPRINGS SPORTSMEN’S HERITAGE FESTIVAL: 5:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Friday; 2 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, near the Atchafalaya River, Krotz Springs. Fishing tournament, wild game cook-off, live music, food, arts and crafts and more. Free. (337) 566-3527. kssportsmensheritagefestival.com.
- FLEUR DE LIS ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Natchitoches Event Center, Natchitoches. Woodworking, handcrafted pottery, jewelry, clothing, jams and jellies and more from more than 100 vendors. Free. Call (800) 259-1714.
- SNEAK PEEK OF LOUISIANA PARTY TOUR III: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Old Ferry Landing, River Road, Port Allen. Join Henry Turner Jr. & Flavor present live gospel music, blues and folk music and more. The event will also feature a merchandise village and multiple food vendors. Attendees can get in free with a nonperishable food donation from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. After 2 p.m., a $5 donation is requested. Call (225) 802-9681.
- ZYDECO EXTRAVAGANZA: noon-midnight, Blackham Coliseum, 2330 Johnson St., Lafayette. Indoor and outdoor stages as well as an amateur accordion contest, food and more. $20; $15 in advance. Call (337) 594-3137. zydecoextra.com