Louisiana individuals and organizations recently received Geaux Blue for Kids awards from LouisianaChildren.org, in partnership with Louisiana CASA and Children’s Advocacy Centers of Louisiana member programs.
The awards recognizing work on behalf of children in 2014 were presented at the conclusion of LouisianaChildren.org’s Capitol Day on May 20.
The 2014 Geaux Blue for Kids! Award recipients are:
- CACLA Leadership Award: Jessica Milan Miller, executive director, Gingerbread House, Bossier City.
- CACLA Staff Member Award: Erika Simon, director of children’s advocacy, CAC, A Program of Family & Youth, Lake Charles.
- CACLA Board Member Award: E. Sue Bernie, Baton Rouge.
- CACLA MDT Member Award: Detective Nijel Baddoo, New Orleans Police Department, New Orleans.
- CACLA Community Partner: Women for a Better Louisiana, New Orleans.
- Louisiana CASA Child Advocate of the Year: Marvin Taylor, Capital Area CASA Association, Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana CASA Program Staff Member of the Year: Vickie Ricord, Volunteers for Youth Justice, Shreveport.
- Louisiana CASA Diversity Leadership Award: Volunteers for Youth Justice, Shreveport.
- Louisiana CASA Director of the Year: Madelyn Rosette, CASA of St. Landry, Opelousas.
- Louisiana CASA Board Member of the Year: Dr. Gloria Nye, CASA of St. Landry, Opelousas.
- Louisiana CASA Diversity Leadership Award: Capital Area CASA Association, Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana CASA Judge of the Year: Judge Thomas Duplantier, 15th Judicial District Court, Lafayette.
- Louisiana CASA DCFS Staff Member of the Year: Carol Nevers, LCSW, Washington Parish DCFS Office, Bogalusa.
- Louisiana CASA Media Professional of the Year: Sofia Simancas, KVHP Fox 29, Lake Charles.