Presentations on reducing flooding and improving the health of waterways and neighborhoods will be presented during a Groundwork New Orleans program from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Earth Lab, 2372 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. In case of rain, the program will be inside the New Orleans Healing Center.
The presenters at the program will be members of the Groundwork New Orleans Green Team and Brad Klamer, of the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board, who will discuss SWB efforts to create green infrastructure improvements that benefit communities and improve waterways.
Future workshops include:
- Flow-through planters, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 15, Ibis Conservation Room, 1413 Leonidas St., New Orleans.
- Rain barrels, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 29, Earth Lab 2, 1901 Caffin Ave., New Orleans.
- Rain gardens, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 8, location TBA.
- Recycled planters, date and location TBA.
- Healthy soil, date and location TBA.