Bestselling authors Kelley Armstrong and Melissa Marr will visit the Smith Library in Lakeview at 4 p.m. Thursday. The authors will discuss their new books and answer questions, as well as sign copies of their books. The Smith Library is at 6301 Canal Blvd.
‘Emancipation and Its Legacies’
The African American Resource Center, in the Main Library at 219 Loyola Ave., will host “Emancipation and Its Legacies,” a national traveling exhibition that marks the sesquicentennial of President Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. The exhibit will be on display through June 13. The opening reception is noon to 2 p.m. Saturday with special guest Linda Hill, curator and archivist for the Center for African & African American Studies, Southern University at New Orleans, presenting “A 21st Century look at Unity Post Emancipation.”
Giant Book Fair
Visitors to the RT Booklovers Convention Giant Book Fair on Saturday can gain free admission by showing their New Orleans Public Library cards. More than 700 new and bestselling authors will be signing and selling copies of their latest novels at the New Orleans Marriott, 555 Canal St. For more information about the RT Booklovers Convention, and to see a full list of authors attending, visit neworleanspubliclibrary.org.
New Orleans Public Library programs and events are free.
Charles Brown is the executive director of the New Orleans Public Library. For more information, visit neworleanspubliclibrary.org; like us on facebook.com/neworleanspubliclibrary; and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/nolalibrary.
3014 Holiday Drive (504) 596-2641
- VIDEO GAME DAY: 2 p.m. Saturday.
ALGIERS REGIONAL TEEN ANIME CLUB: 2 P.M. SATURDAY.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- LEGO CLUB: 4:30 p.m. Monday.
- TEEN DRAWING CLUB: 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- HOMEWORK CLUB: 4 p.m. Wednesday.
913 Alvar St. (504) 596-2667
- BASIC COMPUTER TUTORING: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- HOMEWORK HELP: 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
CENTRAL CITY BRANCH
2405 Jackson Ave. (504) 596-3110
- HOMEWORK HELP: 4 p.m. Thursday.
MONDAY MORNING MOVIES: 10 A.M. MONDAY.
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Tuesday.
CHILDREN’S RESOURCE CENTER
913 Napoleon Ave. (504) 596-2628
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- STORYTIME SND CRAFT: 4:30 p.m. Monday.
EAST NEW ORLEANS REGIONAL
5641 Read Blvd. (504) 596-0200
- HOMEWORK CLINIC: 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
COMPUTER CLASS: 10 A.M. SATURDAY AND WEDNESDAY.
- STORYTIME: 1 p.m. Saturday and 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL TRAINING PROGRAM: 4:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
725 Pelican Ave. (504) 366-0657
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
DROP-IN HOMEWORK HELP AND TUTORING: 4:30 P.M. TUESDAY AND THURSDAY.
- FAMILY MOVIES: 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday.
KELLER LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY CENTER
4300 S. Broad St. (504) 596-2660
- DROP-IN AND PLAY: 10 a.m. Thursday.
- VOTER REGISTRATION WEEK: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- HOMEWORK HELP: 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
- OPEN COMPUTER LAB FOR ADULTS: 1 p.m. Friday.
- KIDS’ COOKING CLASS: 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
- CITIZENSHIP CLASS: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- ONE-ON-ONE TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANCE: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- FREE NOTARY PUBLIC: 10 a.m. Saturday and Wednesday.
- WELCOME BABY: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- YOGA FOR EVERYONE: 11 a.m. Saturday.
- CARING PARENT GROUP: 10 a.m. Monday.
- STORYTIME FOR TODDLERS AND BABIES: 11 a.m. Monday.
- EARLY ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUP: noon Monday.
- ‘THE WHOLE GRITTY CITY’ DOCUMENTARY: 3 p.m. Monday.
- EAT MORE IN BROADMOOR: 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- FAMILY STORYTIME: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- ZUMBA: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- KELLER TEEN CLUB: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- TEEN ART CLUB: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- SPANISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Wednesday.
1611 Caffin Ave. (504) 596-2695
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
LATTER BRANCH LIBRARY
5120 St. Charles Ave. (504) 596-2625
- FRIENDS OF NOPL BOOK SALE: 10 a.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
TEDDY BEAR TEA PARTY: 2 P.M. SATURDAY.
- LET’S TALK HAIKU: 6 p.m. Monday.
- TOASTMASTERS: 6 p.m. Monday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
3700 Orleans Ave. (504) 596-2654
- STORYTIME WITH CRAFT: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- HOMEWORK ASSISTANCE: 4 p.m. Wednesday.
1401 S. Carrollton Ave. (504) 596-2630
- CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- KIDS’ CRAFT TIME: 3 p.m. Saturday.
- STORYTIME: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
NORMAN MAYER BRANCH
3001 Gentilly Blvd. (504) 596-3100
- STORYTIME FOR BABIES: 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
- BOOKED FOR MURDER BOOK CLUB: 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- DIVINE DESIGN SEWING CLASS: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- T(W)EEN WEEKEND DOCUMENTARIES: 1 p.m. Saturday.
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT PUBLISHING BUT DID NOT KNOW WHO TO ASK: 3 p.m. Saturday.
ONE-ON-ONE OPEN TECHNOLOGY Q&A: 10 A.M. MONDAY AND TUESDAY.
- MONDAY AFTER-SCHOOL MOVIE: 4 p.m. Monday.
- ONE-ON-ONE TECH Q & A: 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- T(W)EEN ART STUDIO: 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- T(W)EEN CRAFTERNOON: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
A RED LIGHT LOOK AT NEW ORLEANS HISTORY: 6 P.M. WEDNESDAY.
6301 Canal Blvd. (504) 596-2638
- LAP-SIT STORYTIME: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- AN AFTERNOON WITH KELLEY AR: 4 p.m. Thursday.
- DATABASE OVERVIEW AND INSTRUCTION: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- LEGO CLUB: 3 p.m. Saturday.
CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP: 5:30 P.M. MONDAY.
219 Loyola Ave. (504) 596-2650
- COS-PLAY: 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- STORYTIME WITH CRAFT: 1 p.m. Saturday.
- ANIME CLUB: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- STORYTIME: 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- YU-GI-OH!: 3 p.m. Wednesday.