- SPECIAL DANCE GROUP: The Cortez Caravan Special Dance Group hosts a dance for adults with disabilities who enjoy dancing, food and fun from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 4, at St. Jerome Knights of Columbus Hall, 3310 Florida Ave., Kenner. For information about membership, contact Dave Doll, (504) 458-1328.
- AUTISM SUPPORT GROUP: Meetings are held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 6, at Children’s Hospital Parenting Center, 938 Calhoun St., New Orleans.
TUESDAY MORNING PARENT SUPPORT: A TUESDAY MORNING PARENT SUPPORT GROUP WILL MEET FROM 9:30 A.M. TO 10:45 A.M. TUESDAY, MAY 13, AT 3350 RIDGELAKE DRIVE, ROOM 262, METAIRIE. LED BY DR. LAURIE OLSON. FOR INFORMATION, CALL (504) 400-9218 OR EMAIL LOLDSONPHD@GMAIL.COM.
- TOTAL SUPPORT: Teaching Ours the Activities of Living, TOTAL, will meet at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 16, at 4703 Downman Road, New Orleans. A support group for parents and caregivers of children and adults diagnosed with autism and developmental disabilities. Call Tiffany Wimberly, (504) 272-1740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PEOPLE FIRST: People First of NOLA, an organization for individuals with a developmental disabilities, run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities.
LEARN TO SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND CONNECT WITH OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY AND BEYOND: AT 4:30 P.M. TUESDAY, MAY 20 , NEW ORLEANS HEALING CENTER, 2372 ST. CLAUDE AVE., NEW ORLEANS. CALL (504) 943-0343.
- DADS: Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, Rotolo’s Pizza, 2125 Veterans Blvd., Metairie. A group for dads from the north and south shore who want to become more involved and active in their children’s future get together to go beyond just setting up for barbecues, picnics etc. Contact Mark Johnson, (504) 722-6261.
- HELPING HANDS: The Helping Hands DS and and Chromosome Disorder Support Group offers information, resources and support in a social setting. For times and location, call or text Tamara Cannon at (985) 507-3050, email: email@example.com.
The Special Needs Calendar runs the first Thursday of the month and lists meetings, workshops, events, etc of interest to individuals with disabilities/special needs. To place a listing contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.