St. Tammany Parish offers a variety of arts and entertainment this holiday season, including:
- The Slidell Art League’s 50th Anniversary Show and Holiday Market, from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Slidell Cultural Center Gallery, inside Slidell City Hall, 2055 Second St. Admission is free. Hours are Wednesday through Friday, noon to 4 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. until noon. Visit http://www.slidellartleague.info.
- Christmas on the Northshore. The concerts include a variety of Christmas favorites and an audience sing-along at St. Timothy on the Northshore United Methodist Church, 335 Asbury Drive in Mandeville. The concerts will take place at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 9 and are a gift to the community. For free tickets, call the church office at (985) 626-3307. Visit http://www.sttimothyumc.org.
- “A Covington Native in King Arthur’s Court,” Dec. 14-16 at Playmakers Theater in Covington. The Frank Levy production merges the history of Covington with Mark Twain’s “A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court.” General admission is $8. For information and tickets, visit http://www.playmakersinc.com.
- “A Christmas Story,” through Dec. 9 at Slidell Little Theatre, directed by Joel Rainey. The heartwarming story is based on the classic film. For more information, visit http://www.slidelllittletheatre.org.
- Deck the Rails, a children’s holiday event in downtown Covington. The fun takes place Dec. 15 at the Covington trailhead of the Tammany Trace, 419 N. New Hampshire St. and includes entertainment by Papillon and children’s activities. For more information, visit http://www.covla.com.
- Baroque Christmas — Northshore. An evening of classic Christmas favorites as the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra and Symphony Chorus of New Orleans perform Cantata No. 4 from Bach’s Christmas Oratorio and selections from Handel’s Messiah., Dec. 14 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Timothy United Methodist Church in Mandeville. For tickets, visit http://www.lpomusic.com.