Man, 18, accused of having sex with girl, 12

An 18-year-old Hammond man has been booked on a count of aggravated rape after allegedly having sex with a 12-year-old girl, Covington police said.

Milton Lamont Morrow was arrested Thursday after Covington police received a report of a man having sex with the girl.

Children younger than 13 are not legally able to give consent, which resulted in the aggravated rape charge, according to Covington Police Chief Tim Lentz.

Morrow is in the St. Tammany Parish jail awaiting arraignment, Lentz said.

Woman sentenced in fatal heroin overdose

A 20-year-old Kenner woman admitted to a state judge in Jefferson Parish that she supplied a friend with the heroin that caused her death last fall.

Lana Marie Cristina pleaded guilty Wednesday to negligent homicide in the Oct. 27 death of 23-year-old Amber Hollis, also of Kenner. In admitting to criminal negligence, she accepted a five-year prison sentence, the maximum punishment for the charge.

Police said paramedics were called to Cristina’s home and found Hollis unresponsive. Hollis was pronounced dead at the scene. Toxicology testing eventually determined that she died of “acute heroin toxicity.”

Gunfire wounds three in separate shootings

A man and a woman were recovering Friday after they were wounded during a shooting in Gentilly.

Hours earlier, a man was shot when he was caught in the crossfire during an argument in New Orleans East, police said.

The Gentilly shooting happened about 3 p.m. in the 5100 block of Arts Street.

Paramedics took both victims, whose ages were not available, to the hospital, where they were listed in stable condition, New Orleans police said.

A 27-year-old man was wounded about 4:50 a.m. in a parking lot at the Interstate 10 Service Road and Tara Lane.

The victim said he was in a parking lot when he heard two men arguing. He then heard a gunshot and began to feel faint.

He realized he was shot and flagged down a passerby, who took him to Interim LSU Hospital.

Police did not provide information about his condition.

Investigators did not immediately identify a suspect or motive in either case.

Man gets 15 years for three Quarter stick-ups

A 21-year-old man accused in a string of armed hold-ups in the French Quarter last year has pleaded guilty to three counts of armed robbery and accepted a 15-year prison sentence.

Terrell Tucker had faced eight counts of armed robbery and two counts of attempted armed robbery after his arrest on Bourbon Street in the early morning of April 20, 2013. Police said he held up 10 people, flashing a semi-automatic weapon and demanding cash.

Victims identified Tucker in the three cases to which he pleaded guilty late Thursday, all from crimes on Burgundy Street, according to Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro’s office.

On Wednesday, Criminal District Court Judge Julian Parker found “no probable cause” on the other five armed robbery counts.

Police arrested Tucker, who had no prior convictions, based in part on a sketch produced of the suspected serial robber.

Tucker “set out on a very dangerous course of conduct,” Cannizzaro said in a statement Friday, but Tucker’s acceptance of responsibility with his guilty plea “gives me some measure of hope that he will be able to emerge from this experience a better person.”

Tucker’s attorney, Adam Beckman, did not respond to a call for comment Friday.