Here’s a list of area churches sponsoring Lenten fish fries.
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 329 S. Jamie Blvd. 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Every Friday in Lent except Good Friday. Menu: crawfish pies, fish, shrimp gumbo, shrimp, oysters and combo plates.
- OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP: 9016 La. 23. 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent, except Good Friday.
- ST. JOHN BOSCO: 2114 Oakmere Drive. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. Menu: fish plate, $8; fish and shrimp plate, $9; shrimp plate, $10.
- ST. AGNES: 3410 Jefferson Highway. Friday. Menu: fish, shrimp, french fries, coleslaw and iced tea, $10.
- ASCENSION OF OUR LORD: 1809 Greenwood Drive, LaPlace. 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.Friday. Menu: adult plate – two large pieces of fish, Cajun boiled corn and Cajun boiled potatoes, $8. Children’s plate – one large piece of fish, Cajun boiled corn and Cajun boiled potatoes, $6.
- AMERICAN LEGION POST 222: The Sons and the Ladies Auxiliary Unit of Harvey-Marrero American Legion Post 222 are hosting their annual Lenten Fish Fries from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday and on March 25 at the American Legion Post, 4101 Patriot St. in Marrero. Order ahead, dine in or take out; call (504) 347-0845.
- IMMACULATE CONCEPTION: 4401 Seventh St. 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Fridays. Menu: two or three large fillets, white beans and rice, salad and fresh bread, $8.
- ST. JOSEPH THE WORKER: 955 Ames Blvd. 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Friday during Lent except Good Friday. (504) 451-2251.
- OUR LADY OF DIVINE PROVIDENCE: 1000 N. Starrett Road. 5:15 p.m. all Fridays during Lent. Menu: fried fish, boiled potatoes, boiled corn and bread. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts will be selling soft drinks and cookies.
- ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA: 105 Bonnabel Blvd. 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday. The St. Catherine of Siena Men’s Club holds the fish fries. Beer-battered fish, shrimp or combination plates, $9; soft shell crab plate, $12; pizza slice, $2. Seafood plates come with Italian salad, french fries and hush puppies. Baked desserts and drinks are available at an additional cost.
- ALL SAINTS: Althea Holmes Center, 300 Ptolemy St. 11 a.m. every Friday during Lent. Menu: fried fish, potato salad or green salad, vegetable, baked macaroni, cake and bread.
- BLESSED TRINITY: 4230 S. Broad St. Noon to 4 p.m. Friday. Menu: fried catfish, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, vegetable and dessert, $10.
- MATER DOLOROSA: 1228 Carrollton Ave. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. Menu: fish, fries, macaroni and cheese, mixed vegetables, garlic bread and a soft drink, $8.
- ST. ANDREW: 3101 Eton St., Algiers. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. each Friday in Lent except Good Friday. The St. Andrew the Apostle Knights of Columbus Council No. 9107 holds its annual “Fish Fry Fridays.” Takeout orders start at 4:30 p.m. Menu items include catfish platter, $9; shrimp platter, $9; combination platter, $9; gumbo, $5 (each platter includes hush puppies, fries, green beans and coleslaw).
- ST. ANTHONY OF PADUA: 4640 Canal St., New Orleans. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday. Menu: fish, french fries, hush puppies, vegetables and bread; or seafood gumbo with potato salad and bread, $8.
- ST. FRANCIS XAVIER: School cafeteria, 444 Metairie Road. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. Menu: fried fish, potatoes, salad and bread, $9, $6 for children’s plates; seafood gumbo, $6; cheese pizza, $1.
- ST. GABRIEL THE ARCHANGEL: 4700 Pineda St., New Orleans. 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday. Menu: fish (fried or baked), macaroni and cheese, salad, vegetable, dessert and a soda, $10.
- ST LUKE’S EPISCOPAL: 1222 Dorgenois St. Friday, noon to 5 p.m. Call (504) 821-0529 for preorders.
- ST. MARY OF THE ANGELS: 3501 N. Miro St., New Orleans. 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent except Good Friday. Menu: large piece fried fish, sweet peas, bread, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, dessert and drink, $10.
- ST. PIUS X: 666 Spanish Fort Blvd. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday.
- ST. BERNARD: Iverson Hall, 2805 Bayou Road. 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday. Menu: fish, shrimp, oysters (when available) and stuffed crabs, sides.
- OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS: 6851 River Road. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday. Menu: fried fish dinner or shrimp and okra dinner. Alternating specials such as shrimp and grits dinner or shrimp pasta Alfredo dinner or fish cake dinner.
- ST, JOAN OF ARC CATHOLIC SCHOOL: 919 Cambronne St. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. every Friday in March during Lent. Menu: fried fish for $10, or $12 with crabmeat dressing; baked fish with crabmeat dressing for $12; both including macaroni and cheese, potato salad, green peas, cake and bread. Catfish po-boy $7. Phone orders placed on Thursday by 3 p.m. can be ready for pickup as early as 11 a.m. (504) 861-2887.
- ST. PETER CLAVER: 1923 St. Philip St., New Orleans. Every Friday during Lent except Good Friday. (504) 822-8059.