Five Louisiana startups — showcasing products that range from a self-rinsing mopping system to a virtual reality arcade — will compete for a $10,000 prize package during a live-pitch contest to coincide with New Orleans Entrepreneur Week.
The Get Started Louisiana contest, which is being sponsored by Cox Business and Inc. magazine, is scheduled for March 22 at the Contemporary Arts Center New Orleans.
The finalists are:
- Happy Mop Inc., which developed a self-rinsing mopping system that filters particulate and dirt from the dirty mop water.
- Haring Laboratories Inc., which developed technology to reduce emissions and help carbon-burning engines run cooler.
- Instapath Bioptics LLC, which is promoting an imaging system that rapidly displays important biopsy features for diagnosis, enabling patients to be treated sooner.
- VR Arcade NOLA, which created a virtual-reality arcade.
- RNvention, which is promoting a multi-purpose tool developed by nurses to address the workflow needs of bedside nurses and clinicians.
RNvention is in Youngsville and the other finalists are in New Orleans.
Representatives from each company will have 2½ minutes to pitch their idea to a panel of judges, with the winner receiving a $10,000 prize package.
The event, which is free to attend, begins with a networking at 4:30 p.m. followed by the pitch contest at 6 p.m. Registration is available at www.geauxgetstarted.com.