Help in getting health insurance through the Affordable Care Act, known as “Obamacare,” is being provided Saturday at several New Orleans-area locations by the Louisiana Enrollment Partnership.
The group is a coalition of organizations trying to ensure Louisiana residents have access to free in-person assistance enrolling in “Obamacare.”
In some locations, those assisting will be setting appointments with consumers, while other locations will be able to enroll consumers in federal health insurance marketplace plans on the spot.
Consumers applying for or renewing coverage will need to provide some information about themselves and their household, including income, any insurance coverage they currently have and some additional items.
Times and locations are:
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Charles Community Health Center/United Way of St. Charles, 16004 River Road, Norco, at the “Success By 6” family fun fair event
- Noon to 2 p.m., Mississippi River Heritage Park, John Churchill Chase Street, New Orleans, at the Healthcare for Everyone Event, part of American Public Health Association’s annual conference
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., 1600–1700 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., New Orleans, at the eighth annual Central City Festival
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Bethel Lutheran Church, 4127 Franklin Ave., New Orleans
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Loyola Main Library, 219 Loyola Ave., New Orleans.