Entergy New Orleans is sponsoring free tax preparation by volunteers and community advocates for local residents at several locations on Feb. 13.
Volunteers at local Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites, who are certified by the Internal Revenue Service, will help local residents determine if they qualify for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit program, which benefits families or individuals earning up to $54,000 in 2015, and other refunds and credits.
“It’s clear from the numbers and the research that helping our customers apply for and receive these available tax credits makes a significant economic impact, both for them and the local community,” said Charles Rice, president and CEO of Entergy New Orleans.
Local events are at:
- Delgado Community College: 615 City Park Ave., Building 22; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dillard University Resource Center: 3301 Annette St.; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Total Community Action: 1410 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Puentes LatiNOLA: 4205 Canal St.; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Xavier University: 909 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway, South Building, Room 211; 9 a.m. to noon.