Five finalists for the Get Started NOLA pitch competition have been announced.
Competing in the event, which is a joint venture between Cox Business and Inc. magazine are:
- AxoSim Technologies, which created a 3D cell-based model which mimics living tissue for drug development.
- DryTunes Waterprof Speakers, a high-fidelity wireless speaker that has internal space to keep items dry in any environment.
- Earth Prime Inc., which makes “nearly automated” personal hydroponic gardens that allow people to easily grow their own produce.
- myMix Nutrition, a personalized online platform that allows people to buy customized powder supplements to meet their unique health and fitness goals.
- Spike Me Not, a monitor that fits on beverage containers to guard against tampering and spiking of drinks.
Get Started NOLA will be held March 25 as part of the seventh annual New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. The event, which is open to the public, will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Chicory, 610 S. Peters St.
Contestants will have 2½ minutes to pitch their business idea before a panel of judges. The winning presentation will get a prize package valued at $10,000, which includes cash and services from Cox Business.
More than 40 companies applied to present at Get Started NOLA.
Follow Timothy Boone on Twitter @TCB_TheAdvocate