GONZALES — A state district judge has ordered bail remain in place for a woman facing prosecution in a December hit-and-run fatality case, as well as in a separate case stemming from her July 27 driving-while-intoxicated arrest, court records show.

Judge Thomas Kliebert Jr., of the 23rd Judicial District Court, ordered Wednesday that $25,000 in bail for Kathleen Fitzpatrick remain.

The order was issued after Kliebert received a letter saying Fitzpatrick entered a Lake Charles addiction treatment center Tuesday, court minutes say.

The letter from Pamela Bernard, admissions coordinator for New Beginnings at Lake Charles, says Fitzpatrick would be treated for 35 to 60 days.

The judge ordered that Fitzpatrick, 34, 14466 Lake Meadows Court, Gonzales, not be released from the facility without a court order.

He also granted defense motions to continue the trial on the hit-and-run count from Sept. 27 to Nov. 29 and for a jury trial.

Prosecutors sought to have Fitzpatrick’s bail revoked and have her returned to jail on the hit-and-run count until trial after the DWI arrest.

A judge in Ascension Parish recently lowered the bail on the DWI and other counts to $10,555, but placed Fitzpatrick under house arrest and added other conditions.

In the hit-and-run case, Fitzpatrick is accused of fleeing the scene of the Dec. 20 crash on La. 42, east of La. 431, in Ascension Parish.

Pedestrian Crissy Tommie Hadley, 22, of Prairieville, was hit, and later died because of her injuries, prosecutors have said.

State Police arrested Fitzpatrick three days later on a count of felony hit-and-run, prosecutors have said.

State Police arrested Fitzpatrick again July 27 on a first-offense driving-while-intoxicated count, open-container count and two traffic violations in Ascension Parish, prosecutors have said.

Her blood-alcohol content was 0.262 percent, more than three times the 0.08 percent legal limit to drive, troopers reported.

Assistant District Attorney Shawn Bush declined comment Wednesday except to say Kliebert set a jury trial.

Defense attorney Pegram Mire also declined comment Thursday.