NAPOLEONVILLE —Entergy is confident that power will be restored to almost all of its customers in Assumption Parish by the end of Friday, more than four days after Monday’s tornado-inducing storms knocked out electricity for nearly 200,000 across southeast Louisiana, parish officials said.
The utility had about 148 customers without power in Assumption around 11:30 a.m., parish officials said.
Parish officials said in a statement Friday that customers with “an isolated issue with the lines or poles at their home” could be the only ones left without power by Friday’s end.
Assumption was hit hard earlier this week as a tornado passed through Napoleonville and Pierre Part, two of five reported from the storm front that produced hail and also high straight-line winds that caused severe damage to power lines and trees in the Baton Rouge area.
For a time, all of Napoleonville was without power and, even after public schools reopened Wednesday in Assumption, Napoleonville Primary School has remained closed.
But parish officials said Friday that the school would reopen Monday because power has been restored.
Parish officials urged residents without power who are unaware of their specific problems affecting their homes to call Entergy at (800) ENTERGY (368-3749).