Two Jefferson Parish businesses — an Academy Sports and Outdoors store in Elmwood and a McDonald’s restaurant on Jefferson Highway — were struck by gunfire early Tuesday, with at least one case apparently part of an armed robbery, authorities reported.

No injuries were reported, and it was unknown whether the incidents are related.

Later Tuesday morning, a McDonald’s on North Broad Street in New Orleans also was struck by gunfire.

About 2:40 a.m., a woman reported gunshots near Jefferson Highway and Causeway Boulevard, said Col. John Fortunato, spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office. A short time later, another woman reported that someone had shot at the front window of a McDonald’s restaurant at 2916 Jefferson Highway.

Crime scene technicians recovered a number of spent shell casings in the area. There were 11 bullet strikes at the McDonald’s, Fortunato said.

Later, about 4:10 a.m., a woman reported gunshots outside the Academy Sports store at 800 South Clearview Parkway. A few minutes later, the manager called to report she had been robbed at gunpoint.

There were six other workers inside the store at the time.

The shooter fired two rounds into the store’s window and shattered it, Fortunato said. He then climbed inside and proceeded to the manager’s booth, where he ordered her to open the safe. He fled with an undisclosed amount of money.

In both incidents, the shooter was described as wearing a black leather jacket, black pants with a white stripe, gloves and a black ski mask. The weapon used in the robbery was a black semi-automatic handgun, Fortunato said.

Anyone with information on these incidents is asked to contact the JPSO Robbery Division at (504) 364-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.

NOPD spokesman Garry Flot said a man walked up to the front doors of the McDonald’s on North Broad Street in New Orleans about 5 a.m. and tried to open them, but they were locked. The man then produced a gun and began firing, striking the glass portion of the doors, Flot said.

After the glass shattered, the man fled on foot. No employees were injured.

Detectives were trying to determine whether this incident is related to recent similar crimes, Flot said.