Second Harvest Food Bank is distributing commodities to eligible, needy families under the Food Bank Program in the following parishes: Acadia, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Evangeline, Iberia, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, Vermilion and Washington.
Commodities will be given on a first-come, first-served basis as part of the normal food package provided by the site. Commodities can only be given to registered applicants. For information regarding eligibility requirements, contact Second Harvest Food Bank at (504) 734-1322.
St. Tammany Parish
- Community Christian Concern, 2228 Second St., Slidell, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- First Baptist Church-Slidell, 4141 Pontchartrain Drive, Slidell, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Food Bank of Covington, 840 N. Columbia St., Covington, 9 a.m. to noon Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Greater North Shore Full Gospel, 840 Voters Road, Slidell, 9 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of the month.
- Hebron Baptist Church of Bush, 81605 Highway 41, Bush, noon to 2 p.m. on the third Monday of the month.
- Mandeville Christian Fellowship, 1211 Highway 1088, Mandeville, by appointment from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Pearl River Church of the Nazarene, 64129 Highway 41, Pearl River. From 10 a.m. to noon on the second Tuesday and the second Thursday of the month.
- Southeast LA Area Health Education Center, 105 Highland Park Plaza, Covington. From 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
- The Samaritan Center, 402 Girod St., Mandeville, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- VOA-Park Place Community Home, 2201 11th St., Slidell, daily, 24/7.
- VOA – Slidell Heights Community Home, 640 Magnolia St., Slidell, daily, 24/7.
- Mount Olive AME Church Feeding Ministry, 2442 2nd Street, Slidell, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.