- AUTISM CAREGIVING: A support group for parents and caregivers of children and adults with autism and developmental disabilities will meet at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at Contractor’s Advocate, 4703 Downman Road, New Orleans. For information about Teaching Ours the Activities of Living, or TOTAL, contact Tiffany Wimberly at (504) 272-1740 or email@example.com.
- ASPERGER SYNDROME SUPPORT GROUP: The Life Club, a support group and social skills club for young adults, ages 18-23, with Asperger syndrome, meets twice a month on Wednesday nights in Metairie. For information, email Meher Banajee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH AUTISM: A support group for parents of children with autism spectrum disorders will meet from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Tuesday, August 12, at 3350 Ridgelake Drive, Room 262, Metairie. Led by Dr. Laurie Olson, parents meet to learn about resources and discuss how their children are progressing. For information, call (504) 400-9218 or send email to email@example.com.
- MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SELF-HELP GROUPS: Support groups for people with multiple sclerosis meet throughout the New Orleans area including:
- IN MANDEVILLE, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, in the lobby of the Family Life Center of St. Timothy United Methodist Church, 335 Asbury Drive. For information, contact Anna Moss at (504) 322-3781 or Anna.Moss@nmss.org.
- IN METAIRIE, AT 7 P.M. THURSDAY, AUG. 28, AT THE LAKESHORE LIBRARY, 1000 W. ESPLANADE AVE., METAIRIE. FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT MAUREEN ARDOIN AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOOK CLUB: A book club for people with disabilities will meet at 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Aug. 6, 13, 20 and 27, at St. John’s Coffee Shop, 535 E. Boston St., Covington. For information, call FHF Northshore at (985) 875-0511.
DINNER CLUB: People with disabilities will meet to socialize at 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 11, at Chili’s Restaurant, 150 Pinnacle Parkway, Covington. For information, call FHF Northshore at (985) 875-0511.
The Special Needs Calendar lists meetings, workshops, and events of interest to individuals with disabilities/special needs and their families. To place a listing contact Jane Pic Adams at email@example.com.