- HELP FOR THE SANDWICH GENERATION:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color Members of the sandwich generation, who are caring for aging parents while still caring for their own children, will get advice on legal issues from lawyer Lydia Alford at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 16, in Genesis Hall at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 360 Robert Blvd., Slidell. Among the topics to be addressed are wills, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, DNRs, living wills and basic Medicaid funding. The session is free, but participants are asked to register by April 15 by sending email to Mary Stokes, director of adult ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the church office at (985) 641-5829.
- TABERNACLE ANNIVERSARY:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/Solid$ID/NothingText ColorText Color$ID/NothingText ColorText Color Pastor Elijah McCarty of Friendship Baptist Church, New Orleans, will be the speaker when Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church celebrates its 113th anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 26, at the church, 2445 Fourth St., Slidell. The theme will be “Tabernacle: The building, the body, and the belief.”
- LAMB OF GOD LUTHERAN: 57210 Allen Road, Slidell. There will be worship services at 7 p.m. Maundy Thursday, April 2, and at 7 p.m. Good Friday, April 3. On Easter Sunday, April 5, there will be worship services at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., with a brunch and Easter egg hunt at 9:15 a.m. For information, call the church office at (985) 847-1877.
- PEACE LUTHERAN: Holy Week services at Peace Lutheran Church, 1320 W. Gause Blvd., Slidell, will include a Maundy Thursday service with foot-washing at 7 p.m. April 2; a Good Friday Stations of the Cross at noon on April 3; and a Tenebrae service with Christy Graves at 7 p.m. April 3. “Tenebrae” is Latin for shadows or darkness and refers to a service that centers on the gradual extinguishing of candles. On Easter, April 5, there will be a sunrise service at 7 a.m., a traditional celebration at 9 a.m. and a contemporary celebration at 11 a.m.
- CHRIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH: Friday at 1534 Seventh St. in Slidell. Stations of the Cross, noon April 2; Maundy Thursday service 7 p.m. April 2; Stations of the Cross, noon April 3; Good Friday liturgy and Communion, 7 p.m. April 3; Easter Vigil 7 p.m. April 4.
- EASTER SERVICE IS 10:30 a.m. April 5, followed by the Great Easter Egg Hunt. All children are welcome to join in finding all the eggs.
- PRAYER BREAKFAST: Astronaut Charles Duke will be the guest speaker during a prayer breakfast sponsored by Christian Business Men’s Connection and Life Resources, Inc., at 7 a.m. April 10, at the Fleur De Lis Event Center, 1645 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville. The master of ceremonies will be St. Tammany Parish District Attorney Warren Montgomery. Tickets are $25 per person or $190 for a table of eight and are available by calling (985) 626-9582 or email@example.com. To pay online, go to www.liferesources.net.
- Duke will also speak at a prayer breakfast in Metairie at 7 a.m. April 9.
- FEAST OF DIVINE MERCY: The Feast of Divine Mercy will be celebrated at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 12, at St. Peter Catholic Church, 125 E. 19th Ave., Covington. The Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will be at 2:30 p.m., followed by a reflection offered by James Seghers on the mission and message of mercy given to St. Faustina by Jesus. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be prayed on the half-hour from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Silent prayer time will also be available during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Benediction is at 4:30 p.m. The regularly scheduled Sunday Mass begins at 5 p.m. For information, call the St. Peter rectory at (985) 892-2422.
- WOMEN OF HOPE CONFERENCE: St. Timothy United Methodist Church will host the 15th annual “Women of Hope” Conference, Friday April 24 and Saturday April 25, at 335 Asbury Drive, Mandeville. Featured speaker is Jennie Allen, Bible teacher and author. She will speak at three sessions about “God’s vision for our lives: what is holding us back and what does it look like to fully live out our purpose.” The opening reception begins at 6:15 p.m. Friday, April 24, and the conference begins at 7 p.m. The conference continues from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 25, with brunch included. Worship Leader Ginny Owens has excellent credentials in the Gospel Music Association, and is a winner of three Dove awards. Tickets are on sale at WomenOfHopeConference.com. Childcare is available for $10 per family with advance registration. For information, call the church office at (985) 626-3307.
SLIDELL FAITH MUSIC FESTIVAL: Bethany Lutheran Church will hold its Slidell Faith Music Festival from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 25, at Slidell Heritage Park, 1701 Bayou Lane, Slidell. There will be continuous live Christian music from local bands. Admission is free, and visitors are invited to bring a picnic or purchase food and drinks at the park. For information, visit www.slidellfaithmusicfest.com.
Send news of faith events and services to firstname.lastname@example.org.