- DIVE -IN MOVIE: West St. Tammany YMCA will host the second Summer Dive-In-Movie from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday at 71256 Francis Road, Covington. Music begins at 6 p.m. and the movie, “Big Hero 6,” begins at 8 p.m. Guests can put on their swimsuits or relax by the pool with friends while enjoying the music and movie. Concessions will be available. For information, call (985) 893-9622. Cost is $5 per family for YMCA members; or $10 per family, non-members.
SLIDELL YOUTH FOOTBALL: The Slidell Youth Football Association will hold registration for the 2015 football and cheerleading season on Saturday and Sunday and July 25-26 at the SYFA Field House, 3158 Terrace Ave. Registration times will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and from noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays. For information on the SYFA football and cheerleading programs, visit www.leaguelineup.com/syfa.
- SWIMMING SAFETY: Throughout swim season, the West St. Tammany YMCA encourages children and parents in St. Tammany Parish to explore the many benefits of swimming, while also keeping safety top of mind. In the Y’s swim programs, participants can enjoy water sports, enhance or learn new techniques, meet new friends and develop confidence, while also learning safety skills that can save lives. “Swimming is a fun and enjoyable activity for children and adults alike, and it’s an easy way to stay physically active and improve strength, flexibility and stamina,” said Kakki Taliancich, aquatic coordinator for the West St. Tammany YMCA. “The West St. Tammany YMCA is committed to providing as many opportunities as possible for everyone to swim and learn water safety practices.” For information, visit the YMCA at 71256 Francis Road, Covington, or visit ymcaneworleans.org.
- YMCA SUMMER CAMP: West St. Tammany Summer Camp runs 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday through Aug. 7 for youths entering kindergarten through 10th grade at 71256 Francis Road, Covington. For information, contact Krissy Cook at (985)893-9622 or email@example.com.
- HORSE SAFETY CAMP: New Heights Therapy will host up to a dozen campers ages 5-8 interested in learning horse safety from 8 a.m. to noon July 21-23 at 82302 Holliday Road, Folsom. For information, email Kim Clinard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephen Engro at (985) 796-4600.
- MADISONVILLE YOUTH BOOSTERS: Registration is open for the Madisonville Youth Boosters fall soccer program. These recreational teams are coached by volunteers who provide a fun environment where players learn basic and not-so-basic soccer skills. Recreational teams practice once or twice a week and have games on the weekend. The U5-U8 Madisonville Youth Boosters teams play intra-league games in the fall and spring at Coquille Parks and Recreation, 13505 La. 1085, Covington. The U10 and older teams play in the Northshore Recreational League, requiring limited travel. Children must be at least 4 and no older than 14 as of July 31 to play rec soccer with MYB at Coquille. Evaluations will be held July 20-23. Registration fees range from $65 for U5 to $100 for U14. Parents will provide uniforms, soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer balls and water. For information, contact Natalie Roy, recreational soccer commissioner, at mybrec email@example.com.
- NORTHLAKE NATURE CENTER: 23135 U.S. 190, Mandeville. For information and to register for programs at the center, call (985) 626-1238 or send email to Rue@northlakenature.org. Programs include: A two-hour walk among the swamps, ponds, bayous, hardwood forest and pineland habitats of the Northlake Nature Center will begin at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, July 15 and 22. Participants are encouraged to reserve loppers to help improve the trails as they go. Program is free. Call for details and to reserve loppers.