Four people were victims of two armed robberies reported in Treme on Sunday, New Orleans police said.
In the first incident, a 42-year-old man and two women, ages 41 and 36, were approached by an armed man shortly before 6 a.m. at North Robertson and St. Ann streets. The man demanded their belongings, and the victims complied, the New Orleans Police Department said in a preliminary offense log. The suspect then fled in a white vehicle.
Later Sunday, a 27-year-old man was approached by an armed man in the 1500 block of St. Philip Street. The suspect demanded the man’s property and fled with his cellphone, a bike and $61, police said. The incident occurred around 11:55 p.m.
Police did not give any indication that the robberies were related.
In other cases recently handled by local authorities:
• The New Orleans Coroner's Office identified the young man slain during a shooting in the 8500 block of Jeannette Street in the Leonidas neighborhood on Friday morning as Duvander Haley.
• A 53-year-old woman was cut by another woman who drove up to the victim, started an argument and got out of her car to attack the victim with an unknown object about 9:35 p.m. at the corner of First and South Robertsoon streets in Central City, New Orleans police said. The woman who was cut went to a hospital in stable condition.
• A 54-year-old man was found dead with an apparent gunshot wound inside a bathroom of a home in the 7300 block of Nelson Street in the Fontainebleau neighborhood about 9 a.m. Sunday, New Orleans police said. Police said they were treating the case as an unclassified death.
• New Orleans police on Friday arrested 17-year-old Christopher Jacobs on suspicion of burglarizing a car in the 3900 block of Downman Road. A witness who saw the break-in alerted an off-duty cop about the situation as Jacobs walked to a nearby bus stop, and the off-duty officer detained Jacobs until an on-duty officer showed up and arrested Jacobs, authorities allege.
• New Orleans police said they are searching for a 22-year-old man suspected of participating in a carjacking in the 3500 block of Calhoun Street in the Fontainebleau neighborhood on July 5. Police said the man's name is Jerrod Jacobs, and they released photos of him as well.
• New Orleans police on Monday released surveillance video footage of three men burglarizing a car in the 3000 block of Deers Street near the Desire neighborhood early Friday. Police asked anyone who may recognize those in the video to call 504-658-6030.
• Police on Monday released surveillance camera pictures of three men they say burglarized a car in the 6700 block of Foch Road in New Orleans on Thursday night.
• New Orleans firefighters doused a two-alarm blaze that erupted at a home in the 7400 block of Gen. Haig Street in Lake Vista on Monday afternoon. No one had lived at the home for more than a year before the fire started, authorities said. No one was hurt, and the cause of the fire remained under investigation.
• New Orleans police on Monday released a photo of a woman they say stole a wallet at the Winn-Dixie on Holiday Drive in Algiers on Sunday evening.
• New Orleans police on Monday released a surveillance photo of a man they say broke into a car in the 2700 block of St. Philip Street in the Bayou St. John neighborhood on June 23.
• A shooting in the 1600 block of Spain Street in St. Roch left a man wounded, New Orleans police said about 6:10 p.m. Monday. The victim took a private ride to the hospital, police said.
-This report was compiled by staff writers Ashley White and Ramon Antonio Vargas