Mynt

Image via the Shelby County AG's office. 

A Memphis nightclub where New Orleans firefighter Gregory Howard, 37, was killed earlier this year has agreed to permanently close, according to the Shelby County AG's office. 

Deputies said they had responded to 57 calls for service since the Mynt Lounge opened in Jan. 2016, including armed parties, assaults, auto burglaries, crowd control, disturbances, domestic assaults, and noise complaints, according to a release from the AG's office. There have been 344 calls for service within a half mile of the lounge in that time. 

Howard was killed Aug. 26 outside the club, where a group of people had just been kicked out. Howard and his companions, who were in Memphis for a first responders basketball tournament, had decided against going to the club when gunshots rang out and a stray bullet struck him in the head.

Howard was less than a month away from his 10th anniversary with the New Orleans Fire Department when he was killed. His survivors include his wife and two children.

A nuisance petition was filed against the club following a lengthy investigation by members of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office and the Multi-Agency Gang Unit.

Gregory Howard's family announced in October they had added $10,000 to the reward, bringing the total to $11,000, according to a report from WREG in Memphis.

Howard’s wife, Dominique, on Friday made a tearful plea for anyone with information in his killing to come forward, WREG reported.

“We just want someone to come forward,” she said at a news conference. “If this was your husband, your son, your brother … You took him away from us for something so senseless. We are asking anyone who saw anything to please come forward.”