One man has been hurt in a shooting in Treme overnight, according to a report from New Orleans police.
The incident was first reported about 3:20 a.m. in the 1200 block of N. Claiborne Avenue, the NOPD said.
The man's condition was not immediately available.
In other matters handled by local authorities recently:
• A 34-year-old man was punched and thrown to the ground over the bicycle he was riding in the 2800 block of Conti Street in Mid-City about 11 p.m. Tuesday, but the attacker did not get the bike, New Orleans police said. The attacker claimed the victim's bike was his and then punched the victim in the face, police said. The victim fell and hit his head during the struggle before the attacker fled, police said.
• About 5:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Canal Street in the Central Business District, a woman reported to New Orleans police that she was raped by a man she did not know. Press Shorter III, 25, was booked on counts of second-degree battery and first-degree rape in connection with the case.
• India Cushenberry,20, surrendered to New Orleans police on suspicion of helping rob a Verizon store on Nov. 30 in the 400 block of North Carrollton Avenue in Mid-City, officials said Wednesday. Antoine Reed, 27, and Evan McMillan, also 27, remain at large as suspects in the case, police added.
• New Orleans police on Wednesday released surveillance camera images of a man suspected of forcing his way into the courtyard of a home in the 1000 block of Elysian Fields Avenue in the Marigny about 9 p.m. Nov. 30, pointing a gun at a person's head, and stealing property.
• Police in New Orleans have arrested Martel Williams, 18, in connection with an armed carjacking reported Nov. 8 at the corner of Dwyer Road and Mayo Boulevard. Dejuan Noel, 18, remains wanted in connection with the case, police said.
Police suspect Williams, Noel and one other unidentified person approached the victim's Hyundai Tuscon while it was at a stop sign. One punched the victim in the face and successfully demanded the car at gunpoint before the robbers fled, police said.
• The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office on Wednesday said it is searching for a woman suspected of going to a department store and purchasing more than $300 in merchandise with a credit card that was stolen from a car in the 200 block of North Elm Street in Metairie.
Also Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office released a surveillance camera image of a man suspected of stealing a package from the porch of a home in the 1800 block of Condon Avenue in Metairie on Nov. 30, possibly while riding a yellow bicycle. Anyone with information can reach the Sheriff's Office at 504-364-5300.
• Connie Dave Collins, 41, is wanted on suspicion of knocking on someone's door int he 3300 block of Lawrence Street in Algiers early Nov. 30 and then robbing that person of money while wielding a knife and red brick, New Orleans police said.
• Derrick Keith Pickens, 39, is wanted for a buccal swab as part of an investigation into a March 1 cutting in the 1200 block of South Saratoga Street in Central City, New Orleans police said Wednesday. Police stopped short of calling him a suspect, though they said his DNA was found on the scene.
• New Orleans police released a surveillance camera image of a man suspected of robbing a business in the 6200 block of Elysian Fields Avenue about 10:10 a.m. in the Milneburg section of Gentilly. The robber showed the black handle of a gun tucked into his waistband, police said.