Two men have died after a pair of shootings overnight, according to New Orleans police.
The first shooting occurred in the 7700 block of Dorsett Drive around 10:39 p.m., which is located in New Orleans East.
The second shooting occurred about 1 a.m. Friday morning in the 2800 block of S. Johnson Street, which is located in Central City.
Responding officers arrived on scene and located a man lying on the sidewalk with gunshot wounds to his body, the NOPD said. He was transported to an area hospital where he later died from his injuries.
Neither man's identity has been released.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call 504-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP.
In other matters recently handled by local authorities:
• New Orleans police investigated one robbery on Thursday night and another two robberies early Friday.
About 7:20 p.m. in the 2000 block of Lakeshore Drive, apparently at apartments on the University of New Orleans' campus, four men wearing masks stole cash from a 19-year-old man. Two of the robbers carried guns and one wielded a knife, police said.
About 12:20 a.m. Friday, at the corner of Canal Street and Elk Place in the Central Business District, a 26-year-old man lost his wallet and phone to two men wielding guns, police said.
• About 12:40 a.m. in the 1300 block of St. Louis Street on the edge of Treme, a 22-year-old woman sprayed hairspray in the face of a man who pulled her hair, put her in a head lock, and tried to take her clothes off. The victim's hairspray bottle was in her purse, and it drove him to run away, police said.
• A man broke a candle holder and held it to his 52-year-old wife's neck during an argument about 12:50 a.m. in the 5200 block of Basinview Drive in New Orleans East. The woman had minor cuts, and the man left, police said.
• Osman Norales, 20, is wanted on allegations that he ignited property belonging to a woman outside his home during an argument about 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the 7700 block of Dorsett Street in New Orleans East, police said. The fire was large enough that it required a response from firefighters, police said.
• Rodney Brown, 22, and Michael Portis, 27, pleaded guilty to carjacking-related charges in New Orleans' federal court on Friday.
Portis pleaded guilty to brandishing a firearm during a carjacking, and Brown pleaded guilty to carjacking. They were linked to an April 24, 2016, hold-up in the 5000 block of North Derbigny Street in the Lower 9th Ward.
Portis faces up to life imprisonment, and Brown faces up to 15 years. U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier tentatively scheduled sentencing for May 17.
A man was shot to death in a New Orleans East Neighborhood late Thursday night, the New Orleans Police Department said.